PO Now: Interpol - Our Love To Admire (10th ann'y repress)

On 7/4/2017 at 2:31 PM, trickster said:

While the US store is now sold out there are still copies available on the UK store.

They went up the next day after the US store got them.

Initially they were priced €26.99 (I dont know why but I now see that I was charged €26.09) but a couple of days later they went up to €37.99

http://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Our-Love-To-Admire-10th-Anniversary-Clear-White-Smoke-Vinyl/5L320000000 

Shipping to Greece was €10.61

Maybe it ll be similar for US addresses and if you are lucky they ll retract VAT because you are a US citizen.

Dude! thank you so much! didnt even bother to check their UK site. Even though i paid probably 7 bucks more than the US pre-order, im glad to finally own the record and a cool edition at that. 

• 1 month later...

Just got my copy in. Comparing it to the original press for fun. Artwork/layout are almost completely identical, minus the legalese and logos. The jacket and sleeves on the original press are noticeably higher contrast/saturation than the new pressing, curious if that was intentional or just a printing difference. The sleeves on the OP also had one top shorter than the other for record removal, whereas the new sleeves have even tops. When it comes to the records themselves, the new 180g pressing is obviously thicker. Labels do not suffer the contrast discrepancy.

As far as the sound, I've only had a chance to listen to the first disc, but wow. This is how this record was meant to sound. The range is there, the detail is there, it's quiet, the atrocious distortion is all but gone. I say "all but gone" because to my ears the latter half of The Scale did not sound up to par with the beginning of Pioneer, but it's still totally listenable. The rest of the experience so far has been stellar. The bass on Pioneer is thunderous. Heinrich Maneuver comes in sounding punchy as hell. Guitars sound accurate and drums tend to leap out at you. Playing this record for someone will get you laid.

While I was waiting for Sound of Vinyl to get back to me on my deffective copy (4 days later), I decided to give it another try.  I noticed that it actually wasn't the scratch making the popping but there was a piece of black debris on it.  I decided to try and scratch it off since I figured my copy was defective anyway.  I got it off, gave the record another cleaning and now it plays fine.  Good thing because SOV finally got back to me today and I'd have to send it back first (at my expense).  

On 8/18/2017 at 5:56 PM, rcafilm said:

Just got my copy in. Comparing it to the original press for fun. Artwork/layout are almost completely identical, minus the legalese and logos. The jacket and sleeves on the original press are noticeably higher contrast/saturation than the new pressing, curious if that was intentional or just a printing difference. The sleeves on the OP also had one top shorter than the other for record removal, whereas the new sleeves have even tops. When it comes to the records themselves, the new 180g pressing is obviously thicker. Labels do not suffer the contrast discrepancy.

As far as the sound, I've only had a chance to listen to the first disc, but wow. This is how this record was meant to sound. The range is there, the detail is there, it's quiet, the atrocious distortion is all but gone. I say "all but gone" because to my ears the latter half of The Scale did not sound up to par with the beginning of Pioneer, but it's still totally listenable. The rest of the experience so far has been stellar. The bass on Pioneer is thunderous. Heinrich Maneuver comes in sounding punchy as hell. Guitars sound accurate and drums tend to leap out at you. Playing this record for someone will get you laid.

Just curious, is your review of the Limited Edition clear version?  Or the retail black?

24 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

My black copy has a bit of surface noise. Not enough for me to deal with the hassle of a return/replacement but its there. Anyone else?

I'd probably say the same about my clear and white copy.  The pressing isn't great either.  That's actually why I asked if the previous review was for the black or clear version.