Should I Return This?

https://youtu.be/4VVXwd7IAAw

I've recently gotten into the world of vinyl and after using a few crappy used turntables I finally bought my first (affordable) brand new record player exactly a week ago. Problem is, I've noticed the platter doesn't seem to be completely flat and gives off a wave effect. At first I thought the record I was playing when I noticed it was just warped, but after testing it without a record on the platter I can see that it's still like it.

I just wanted some advice as to wether it's bad enough to warrant returning it to the shop I bought it from (HMV), check out the youtube link to see it.

Thanks!

I don't know what used tables you were using but HMV doesn't sell anything worth buying at any price turntable wise so depending on what you had used you might have been better off investing in things like new belts and needles for one of those.

Yes take it back and get your money back, HMV are fine for records but not for anything to play them on and as has been suggested read the beginners thread