PO: Monolord - Rust

Many versions available, site got crush down and I was refreshing for an hour to finally get the /30 Die Hard Faux Leather version. Band is so good.

Hear the first song here:

https://monolord.bandcamp.com/album/rust

Die hard versions:

http://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/product/monolord-rust-die-hard-editions/

100 Clear Vinyl Die Hard aka “The John McClane edition”

30 Faux Leather Sleeve hand numbered to 30 $85 

70 Denim Sleeve hand numbered to 70 $65

100 clear Semi Die Hard Purple Vinyl aka “The Hans Gruber” Alternate Printed cover hand numbered to 100 $50

Regular editions:

http://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/product/monolord-rust/

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Is this a 2xLP or just classic fucking Riding Easy putting you near $30 for a single, black, standard weight LP? Barf.

So many of their standard gram, single LP, black vinyl full length editions are about $15 before shipping. I want to say most of them.

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

what a stupid amount for die hards.  ill wait for a while and eventually buy the standard for 22.

Pretty much any label that subscribes to the idea of a "die hard" edition and puts out editions called "die hard" is charging a bullshit price for them. That's what that means.

Edited by mcpherson123

I understand the scrutiny of RE but Monolord is a killer fuzz/doom powerhouse and I fully support them. Will definitely be picking this up though I don't  like the direction the album art has gone this time around. Prior two album covers have a depth and a haunting quality. Something about the cars just feels incredibly mundane and not in keeping with their prior mystique. Still looking forward to this though. 

I passed on the test presses and Die Hards. Went with the 180 gram. Just wasn't paying those insane prices. Plus, since Riding Easy never includes a download card i'll have to shell out more cash for a digital download because for fuck's sake I can't play my records in my truck. God forbid Nissan would include a record player in my Pathfinder.

11 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I understand the scrutiny of RE but Monolord is a killer fuzz/doom powerhouse and I fully support them.

Agree with this 100% - RE can keep the gimmickey 'Die Hard' crap that caused the site to be down all afternoon yesterday.  Might just pick this up locally or from a distributor so that I don't have to give RE my money directly.

20 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

It's a double LP. Where do you see $30 for the black version? As I see they ask $22 for the standard version which is not cheap but for an 2XLP not so outrageous.

$22 plus $6 shipping is $28. That's nearly $30. For a double LP I'm not mad about it though; I was travelling and on mobile and just couldn't find where it said it was 2xLP.

15 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

So many of their standard gram, single LP, black vinyl full length editions are about $15 before shipping. I want to say most of them.

Yeah, I just can't stand the dude that runs RE and will take every shot I can get at him. Dude is a dickhole.

11 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I understand the scrutiny of RE but Monolord is a killer fuzz/doom powerhouse and I fully support them. Will definitely be picking this up though I don't  like the direction the album art has gone this time around. Prior two album covers have a depth and a haunting quality. Something about the cars just feels incredibly mundane and not in keeping with their prior mystique. Still looking forward to this though. 

Oh for sure. Monolord are great, and I went to see them live when they came through Portland. Terrific show. Like I said, I'm just anti-RE, and as you said the album art on this is a disappointment compared to the last two they put out. I'm sure the music is great though and I'll probably eventually break down and grab one of these.

1 hour ago, anchorlessbodies said:

What's the problem with RE? I might have missed something but see no extraordinary in their operation.

I've been buying from them since right around when they started and the dude that runs the label is just an asshole and their prices for a long time (especially for shipping) were fucking ridiculous. Mostly for me it's just that the guy who runs it is a total narcissistic asshole, so I don't like supporting him. Reminds me of a trust fund kid who wasn't talented enough to start his own band, so he put together a label so he could hang out with bands he likes. This is all my opinion, but if you go back about a year or so in the stoner/doom thread you'll see that at least a good few of us have no love for him or his label, I'm just the most vocal about it.

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've been buying from them since right around when they started and the dude that runs the label is just an asshole and their prices for a long time (especially for shipping) were fucking ridiculous. Mostly for me it's just that the guy who runs it is a total narcissistic asshole, so I don't like supporting him. Reminds me of a trust fund kid who wasn't talented enough to start his own band, so he put together a label so he could hang out with bands he likes. This is all my opinion, but if you go back about a year or so in the stoner/doom thread you'll see that at least a good few of us have no love for him or his label, I'm just the most vocal about it.

Yeah. There was some pretty funny comments here about how much this guy sucks in the past.

I think he's mellowed out a bit since his records stopped selling as much though. Like a lot of labels that have decent success right out of the gate they get cocky and sign a bunch of crap bands. Sitting on a shit ton of inventory that won't move tends to humble people a bit.

The popularity of Monolord allowed him to go back to his true form with this release though.

Remember when he was going to write the names of the people who purchased the test presses for Vaenir on the records to deter them from selling them on eBay? lol