PO NOW: Circa Survive - The Amulet

1 hour ago, Valeriano said:

Anyone else receive the Merch Limited set of four today with 3/4 of the covers folded on the actual art? My brothers and mine were folded the exact same, wondering if they all came like that. 

I've seen a couple where some of the covers were 3/4 folded so you're not alone. Some actually have different numbers as in 3 of the vinyl would be 40/100 while the other would be 41/100. I wonder if anyone had that situation.

59 minutes ago, deer said:

Got my tour splat variant w/the screenprint. 85/100. Screenprint is beautiful and thankfully folded correctly. Variant is beautiful too.

I absolutely love what they did with the packaging for this album and the spotgloss in the gatefold is amazing. Honestly this album took me by surprise. I liked Descensus, but this is on another level.

The tour splat variant was numbered?!

On 11/6/2017 at 4:38 PM, Valeriano said:

Anyone else receive the Merch Limited set of four today with 3/4 of the covers folded on the actual art? My brothers and mine were folded the exact same, wondering if they all came like that. 

I received #6/100 and all 4 of my covers are folded incorrectly. How do you fuck that up?

5 hours ago, Out Of Time said:

I received #6/100 and all 4 of my covers are folded incorrectly. How do you fuck that up?

Aaaah, I got #7 bundle, but 6 is my lucky number.  Damn!  So close...

Does anyone have a picture of what folded "incorrectly" looks like?  Mine seem to be totally fine, but I'm curious as to how they can misplace a fold on a cover.  To be honest, I'm not sure how it could possibly be folded wrong.  Maybe I'm having a brain fart.

Edited by beta114

10 hours ago, beta114 said:

Aaaah, I got #7 bundle, but 6 is my lucky number.  Damn!  So close...

Does anyone have a picture of what folded "incorrectly" looks like?  Mine seem to be totally fine, but I'm curious as to how they can misplace a fold on a cover.  To be honest, I'm not sure how it could possibly be folded wrong.  Maybe I'm having a brain fart.

As others have said it's not a massive issue, I had just never seen it happen before and was curious if all of them were done the same. Basically, if you look at the listing photo you'll see on the right hand side that the small flap has the "circa survive the amulet XX/100" .Then on the left side of the photo, the main art covers the other side of the record. Basically someone just folded the covers through the art rather than the gap between the numbered section and the art. 

https://www.merchlimited.com/collections/circa-survive/products/the-amulet-vinyl-lp-bundle-album-download

Edited by Valeriano

8 hours ago, Valeriano said:

As others have said it's not a massive issue, I had just never seen it happen before and was curious if all of them were done the same. Basically, if you look at the listing photo you'll see on the right hand side that the small flap has the "circa survive the amulet XX/100" .Then on the left side of the photo, the main art covers the other side of the record. Basically someone just folded the covers through the art rather than the gap between the numbered section and the art. 

https://www.merchlimited.com/collections/circa-survive/products/the-amulet-vinyl-lp-bundle-album-download

Wait, it doesn't bother you that there's a  crease right through the alternate artwork? I picked the 2nd cover because I liked that art the best. I want to be able to look at the art. Mine's waiting for me at home, and I'll be pretty bummed if mine is also like the ones shown in pictures on Discogs. Sure, I can refold but that would still suck to see the crease whenever I'm listening to the album. 

15 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Wait, it doesn't bother you that there's a  crease right through the alternate artwork? I picked the 2nd cover because I liked that art the best. I want to be able to look at the art. Mine's waiting for me at home, and I'll be pretty bummed if mine is also like the ones shown in pictures on Discogs. Sure, I can refold but that would still suck to see the crease whenever I'm listening to the album. 

Frankly, I think that is a legitimate thing to be at least slightly bummed about especially considering 2 of the 4 cover arts are exclusive to these bundles. But it is what it is lol hopefully they get it right the next time.

12 hours ago, jose said:

did they ever respond back to you?

I contacted them initially as well looking to purchase additional covers to fold over. They responded saying they did not have any additional, but they wanted to send me some Anthony Green merch, and asked for my and my brother's sizes (I had 2 orders). I got a package in the mail yesterday with some really nice AG Pixie Queen merch, including the joggers, light blue long sleeved shirt and a basic T shirt with the safecamp on the front and lyric quote on the back. Pretty cool of them to offer that.

13 hours ago, jose said:

did they ever respond back to you?

Yeah, same response as Valeriano - they apologized, said they didn't print any extras, and offered to send some merch to 'ease the pain'  Not the response I was hoping for (and disappointed they don't hold back a couple of the screenprints - every other company who works in that business does), however it was cool of them to offer to do something to help distract from the screw up.  

1 hour ago, backpackoat said:

Damn where are you all getting this luck? Got held up at work and missed VIP by 10 minutes--not a big deal I've done that rodeo before--but I wanted my record that I paid essentially $80 for. "Too bad," was their response. Left empty handed.

That's horseshit. Contact someone who manages the band on tour or the label. You can't be denied something you paid for. They need to send you what you paid for. Hell, just got the band direct on social media and ask them if they can help you out. If you have documentation of your purchase you should be good.

In other topics, how does everyone feel about the sound of the LP?