PO: Travis "The Man Who" Numbered Limited Edition Collector's Boxset

Pre-Order Link

This has been one of my white whale for a while. I was thinking maybe I would have had to wait another 2 years (when the album turns 20) to get a repress or boxset of this kind but I'm glad it's here early. Although I wasn't looking for something as fancy as this (a standard repress would have sufficed) for GBP50 ($84USD after S&H) this isn't too bad.

The Man Who collectors box set containing the following;

1 x Vinyl The Man Who (Full Album Version) 
1 x Vinyl The Man Who B Sides (favorites as chosen by the band)
1 x CD The Man Who (Full Album) 
1 x CD The Man Who B Sides (All The Man Who B Sides including ‘Baby One More Time’ & hit single ‘Coming Around’)
1 x Artcard signed by the band
1 x The Man Who 58 Page Commemorative Photo Newspaper

Already pre-ordered with glee.

EDIT:

The original numbered version sold out yesterday in 12 hours. The site now has a non-number version available for pre-order, at the same price (GBP50). For those who missed the news or thought too long yesterday, look no further:

Pre-Order Link for Non-Numbered Version

Edited by noeling
new availability

Part of me is excited and the price is fairly OK.

However, I consider it a missed opportunity they didn't sell the vinyl and CDs separately (Sorry, combining them in one package does not justify a box-set treatment) and didn't give the vinyl reissue a third lp containing the rest of the B-sides (and if that's not enough then surely an extra 7" would cover all the bases). Heck, a live LP (and a demo LP, even) would have justified the box-set treatment (like the recent The Verve box set) and I'd have paid for that, too.

Maybe I will wait for the 20th Anniversary...

22 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Part of me is excited and the price is fairly OK.

However, I consider it a missed opportunity they didn't sell the vinyl and CDs separately (Sorry, combining them in one package does not justify a box-set treatment) and didn't give the vinyl reissue a third lp containing the rest of the B-sides (and if that's not enough then surely an extra 7" would cover all the bases). Heck, a live LP (and a demo LP, even) would have justified the box-set treatment (like the recent The Verve box set) and I'd have paid for that, too.

Maybe I will wait for the 20th Anniversary...

i think a standalone reissue of the LPs is possible but another anniversary release is highly unlikely in two years:D

Ordered this, as it's been a white whale for ages and is one of my all time favorite albums. I think they could have done a little more with it, though...check out this Saint Etienne Foxbase Alpha box set (which I have, and it's amazing) for the same price:

SAINT ETIENNE - FOXBASE ALPHA VINYL BOX SET

Special Edition Box Set

“And now ladies and gentlemen, what you’ve been waiting for!” 
Limited to just 2000 copies worldwide the box includes:

* The original album remastered and cut onto two twelve inch 45rpm discs for higher fidelity, housed in an exclusive gatefold version of the original sleeve.
* ‘Remains Of The Day’, an exclusive album that gathers together ten rare 'Foxbase Alpha'-era recordings from the period most of which are appearing on vinyl for the first time.
* An exclusive one-sided 7” featuring the original, previously unreleased version of ‘Kiss And Make Up’, featuring ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’ singer Moira Lambert.
* A perfect bound, 12" square, 28 page book featuring many unseen photographs and artefacts from the era, plus a new interview with Bob Stanley by the Guardian's Michael Hann.
* Three 10”x 8” black and white portraits of the group.
* A perforated sheet of Foxbase Alpha trading cards.
* Exact reproductions of the original album press release and biography.
* A digital download code for all of the music. 

All items included in the box are exclusive and won’t be available elsewhere.

The box can be pre-ordered at £50 (plus postage) from from 5pm GMT on Thursday 27th October.

https://saintetienne.greedbag.com/buy/foxbase-alpha-4/

52 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Yeah if that happens I will happily cancel my boxset preorder.

same, the main thing for me is just the main LP. I can even do without the B-Sides....that's also why I'm not interested in the Urban Hymns set because I already own the album and don't need the extras for $100+

3 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Also weird that they didn't put Coming Around on the second LP. They thought those b-sides were better than an A side? OK, I guess.

Love all those covers though. 

I feel the same.

1 hour ago, noeling said:

damn are these going fast

Dammit. Likely no chance of it sticking around long enough for a sale of some kind by the end of the year...