Game Of Thrones: Season Seven / Eight!

I get spoiler tags for things that have source materials and what not, but after the episodes air, cmon... now, if you're spoiling something in the future, totally get it.. but things that have happened for a series no longer following source material... 

that being said

Arya is fucking amazing.  Best character arc in the series IMO

50 minutes ago, Rip said:

Who said he wasn’t?

You and Rambo brought up him not being harmed by the ice fire or whatever the hell it is. Wasn’t sure if you were skeptical. My bad. 

27 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I get spoiler tags for things that have source materials and what not, but after the episodes air, cmon... now, if you're spoiling something in the future, totally get it.. but things that have happened for a series no longer following source material... 

that being said

Arya is fucking amazing.  Best character arc in the series IMO

With such a long gap between seasons 7 and 8, I hardly see any excuse for someone to be spoiled at this point. Anyone with half a brain would’ve used that time to get caught up. 

You're right about Arya. While I thought some of the Bravos stuff was boring at times, it paid off big. I don’t think they’re done progressing her badassery yet either. Could easily see her killing the Mountain. 

29 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

You and Rambo brought up him not being harmed by the ice fire or whatever the hell it is. Wasn’t sure if you were skeptical. My bad. 

It’s all good!  Sorry if that came off as dick-ish.  Wasn’t sure how to word my question without it sounding the way it might have.  I genuinely thought I missed something in the discussion lol.

But we were discussing his possible resistance to dragon fire.  How he SHOULD be if he’s a Targaryen, but if it still applies to “white walker dragon fire.”

16 minutes ago, Rip said:

It’s all good!  Sorry if that came off as dick-ish.  Wasn’t sure how to word my question without it sounding the way it might have.  I genuinely thought I missed something in the discussion lol.

But we were discussing his possible resistance to dragon fire.  How he SHOULD be if he’s a Targaryen, but if it still applies to “white walker dragon fire.”

Yeah I agree, and I guess it hasn’t been fully explained if it’s ice or fire that the dragon is breathing lol.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:03 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

You're right about Arya. While I thought some of the Bravos stuff was boring at times, it paid off big. I don’t think they’re done progressing her badassery yet either. Could easily see her killing the Mountain. 

Or, alternately, she tries to kill the Mountain and gets herself mortally wounded, which finally motivates the Hound to fight his own brother again.

No one else frustrated with the plot armour and inconsistencies over the last couple of episodes? Episode 3 in particular was ridiculous. It was visually great but most of it made no sense. 

And where did they move King's Landing to? The middle of the desert? 😆

Edited by Skacel

17 minutes ago, Skacel said:

No one else frustrated with the plot armour and inconsistencies over the last couple of episodes? Episode 3 in particular was ridiculous. It was visually great but most of it made no sense. 

And where did they move King's Landing to? The middle of the desert? 😆

You can definitely tell they’re trying to wrap things up fairly quickly.  I especially noticed it in this most recent episode.

It felt like they tried to combine 2 episodes into one.  The second half being especially rushed.  That whole Missandei thing went waaaaay too quickly for my (and I think everyone else’s) liking.  Also, so many stupid tactical moves as well.

I still enjoyed the episode for what it was.  Just sucks that you can tell they’re rushing to finish things up.

31 minutes ago, Rip said:

You can definitely tell they’re trying to wrap things up fairly quickly.  I especially noticed it in this most recent episode.

It felt like they tried to combine 2 episodes into one.  The second half being especially rushed.  That whole Missandei thing went waaaaay too quickly for my (and I think everyone else’s) liking.  Also, so many stupid tactical moves as well.

I still enjoyed the episode for what it was.  Just sucks that you can tell they’re rushing to finish things up.

Why are they rushing though? Do they want out?

10 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Only major issue I had with the episode was Jamie. Not understanding all the character development that led him to Winterfell to be with Brienne and all the sudden he's running back to Cersei again. 

Theres gotta be more to it then that.  He’s probably going back to kill her and just told all that shit to Brienne so she wouldn’t follow him or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Theres gotta be more to it then that.  He’s probably going back to kill her and just told all that shit to Brienne so she wouldn’t follow him or whatever.

I certainly hope its something like that. One of my friends brought up the prophecy that Cersei was told as a child that one of her brothers would kill her, so that could make sense. 

Edited by dapeebs

1 minute ago, dapeebs said:

I certainly hope its something like that. One of my friends brought up the prophecy that Cersei was told as a child that one of her brothers would kill her, so that could make sense. 

If he doesn’t, then yeah, pretty much ruins all of his character development from the past couple seasons. 

He’s gonna try to kill Cersei. No one can get closer than him. Tyrion could meet with her but Jaime can get her alone. The “she’s hateful and so am I” line gave it away. And yeah, there was the prophecy that one of her brothers would kill her. There’s also the acceptance from Jon scene when he arrived at Winterfell before the battle. Tons of foreshadowing. Took me seasons to figure out all the foreshadowing but a lot of this shit has already been told to us. 

On 5/9/2019 at 7:20 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

He’s gonna try to kill Cersei. No one can get closer than him. Tyrion could meet with her but Jaime can get her alone. The “she’s hateful and so am I” line gave it away. And yeah, there was the prophecy that one of her brothers would kill her. There’s also the acceptance from Jon scene when he arrived at Winterfell before the battle. Tons of foreshadowing. Took me seasons to figure out all the foreshadowing but a lot of this shit has already been told to us. 

And then what happened?