Game Of Thrones: Season Seven / Eight!

4 hours ago, IanRees said:

And then what happened?

I assume you’ve never been wrong before...

I mean you can ignore the fact that the producers ignored prophecies themselves, but that would be dumb. I’d say most people had a 50/50 assumption that he would either kill her or die with her. They were the only plausible outcomes for the two, bud. 

Also, don’t know how any of this season is disrespectful to George when he told them how to end the story. But hey, make up excuses for why you may not like the ending to something you invested many years into.

There were definitely some epic moments in the most recent episode.  Still can describe this episode (and pretty much the whole season) in one word though: RUSHED.

Some of these stories have been building up for 8 seasons and almost every single one of their “conclusions” have felt incredibly anti-climactic.

Hoping the finale makes up for it, but we’ll see I suppose.  At this point I really have no idea where it’s going.

2 hours ago, Rip said:

There were definitely some epic moments in the most recent episode.  Still can describe this episode (and pretty much the whole season) in one word though: RUSHED.

Some of these stories have been building up for 8 seasons and almost every single one of their “conclusions” have felt incredibly anti-climactic.

Hoping the finale makes up for it, but we’ll see I suppose.  At this point I really have no idea where it’s going.

No one dies with dignity 

Edited by Tidal Wave

9 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Anybody else incredibly disappointed? I would never expect a happy ending from this show but come on. D&D threw away so much character development for zero reason. It almost feels disrespectful to GRRM and the cast

I feel there have been signs every season that for all the good Dany talks about she has had the possibility to be the mad queen the whole time.

loved it.  Dany has been showing signs of madness masked by her image of being the breaker of chains, etc.  Her entire story has been about breaking the wheel (or whatever), and she's actually doing it, and NOW she's mad?  She's been mad the entire time.  

love that this show is going to end up where it started, with a Baratheon on the throne.