The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead expanded edition

queenisdead_newcover.jpg

Listed for Ocotber 20th, 2017 an expanded edition of The Queen Is Dead will be avialible as a five LP boxset.

This includes the 2107 remaster of the LP, bonus tracks and a live set record in Boston.

5LP Vinyl Boxset - Includes all the equivalent tracks from CDs 1, 2 and 3, housed in lift off box with 2 double gatefolds and 1 single.

CD 1 -features the 2017 master of the album

CD 2 - features additional recordings; demos, b-sides and alternative versions. Tracks 1-7 and 9 are previously unreleased. Track 8 was released on 7” for Record Store Day. Tracks 10 and 11 are 2017 masters of b-sides from ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’. Tracks 12 and 13 are 2017 masters of b-sides from ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’

CD3 - features ‘Live In Boston’ album recorded at the Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts on 5th August 1986

Pre-order here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Queen-Dead-Master-Deluxe-VINYL/dp/B073Z9DRFQ/?tag=sdepcw-21

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/the-smiths-the-queen-is-dead/hnum/7533952

So keen for this release, a DVD from the era would have made this perfect, but its pretty great regardless. Although I do hope that it comes with a book, some replica posters or something

"5LP Vinyl Boxset - Housed in lift off box with 2 double gatefolds and 1 single"

Glad that all the seperate 'albums' have their own proper sleeves too. 

1 hour ago, darkeyelids said:

So keen for this release, a DVD from the era would have made this perfect, but its pretty great regardless. Although I do hope that it comes with a book, some replica posters or something

"5LP Vinyl Boxset - Housed in lift off box with 2 double gatefolds and 1 single"

Glad that all the seperate 'albums' have their own proper sleeves too. 

Where'd you see the description?

1 hour ago, lager said:

Looks like the RRP for this in the UK is about £70 (Norman Records have it at £67.99) so anyone interested I'd recommend pre-ordering from Amazon now as it's only £57.75 and they don't take payment until it's dispatched

£51.21 shipped to the states after VAT is discounted.  I think thats pretty reasonable

1 hour ago, The Saint said:

Whoa, that live set was right down the street from my childhood home. Technically it's Mansfield, MA (45 min south of Boston), but whatever. This is even more of a must-have for me now.

I've found that, for the purposes of anyone not in Massachusetts, the entire state is Boston. Foxboro? Boston! Worcester? Boston!

I thought I was finished with The Smiths when I bought that enormous box set on Popmarket a few years back, but I guess they'll be getting more of my $$.

4 hours ago, lager said:

Looks like the RRP for this in the UK is about £70 (Norman Records have it at £67.99) so anyone interested I'd recommend pre-ordering from Amazon now as it's only £57.75 and they don't take payment until it's dispatched

£51 pounds ($66) shipped to the US vs $80 on Bullmoose. Hmmm...

• 2 months later...

Just arrived from Bullmoose. 

So fucking great. Lift top box, 3 double gatefolds (with only 1 LP in the album sleeve). Pressing is top notch. Didn’t even clean them before playing, and it sounds fantastic. I think the cut is really good. I’m interested in comparing it to my original Sire. 

Gonna play the live album this afternoon to see how that goes. 

I had had forgotten about ordering this until earlier this week and considered cancelling in case a better deal came along later, but I’m not disappointed in this isn the least. 

One minor quibble (and its so minor - but I hate them and will be swapping them out  so I'll mention it) the records aren't shipped in their inners to eliminate split seams which is class, but they use those poly liners that are rounded at the bottom, which are shit, to preserve the record otherwise. Almost every record was bunched up in their sleeve and partially exposed (which is why I hate them). I didn't get any scratches because of this, but just a heads up to be careful. 

Edited by timsimmons