Actually Preorder Now - LCD Soundsystem: American Dream

First saw this band opening for the Pixies and Interpol in 2005. Loved them ever since

Great album and vinyl sounds stellar. My copy came crushed from amazon(obviously shipped like that as mailer and box were fine). Will still spin until new one ships and return. 

Between this and the new War on Drugs, I have a nice weekend watching college football with sound off

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

never got into this band other than the songs "Tribulations" and "Daft Punk his Coming to my House."  With that said, I gave this album a few listens and I now need to list to their entire discography cause American Dream is excellent.

This Is Happening is their best by far. 10/10 album. That being said. This is a 9.5/10.

22 hours ago, museummouth said:

This Is Happening is their best by far. 10/10 album. That being said. This is a 9.5/10.

21 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

No way. Sound of silver is best

20 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I go back and forth.  I think they are equally great. 

ooaxlu.jpg

Obligatory, but true.  James Murphy and Co. know what's up.  Really liking American Dream so far.  Looking forward to many more spins.

Has anyone that did the vinyl upgrade with their concert tickets received this yet? I was sent a tracking number last Friday but even that still shows tracking info is not available yet.

I've listened to this 5-6 times already and am really enjoy it and can't wait to spin it.

Edited by coutstevo

6 minutes ago, coutstevo said:

Has anyone that did the vinyl upgrade with their concert tickets received this yet? I was sent a tracking number last Friday but even that still shows tracking info is not available yet.

I've listened to this 5-6 times already and am really enjoy it and can't wait to spin it.

I got my record in the mail a few days ago. Also made the mistake of not checking my order carefully and ended up with a copy for each of the four tickets I got for their SF show. Guess I started my christmas shopping for friends early this year.

13 hours ago, coutstevo said:

I'm in the same boat. A local friend received his Tuesday but I also received a shit tracking number. It's not even UPS as their tracking starts with a "1Z". It's also not USPS, DHL or FedEx. Ticketmaster said they're researching and will get back to me in 3-5 business days. Complete shit. Probably the last time I preorder. I never get them on time. 

2 hours ago, Admerr said:

I'm in the same boat. A local friend received his Tuesday but I also received a shit tracking number. It's not even UPS as their tracking starts with a "1Z". It's also not USPS, DHL or FedEx. Ticketmaster said they're researching and will get back to me in 3-5 business days. Complete shit. Probably the last time I preorder. I never get them on time. 

Exact same thing happened to me. Have no idea where it is.

got this email from dfa...

To our valued DFA customers:

Our deepest apologies for the initial delay on the shipment of your vinyl bundle of American Dream. Due to vinyl manufacturing delays beyond our control, our allotted stock of American Dream LPs did not arrive until the evening before release day. As a result of this, we’ve been working hard to make sure that all pre-ordered items ship out to you by this Thursday, September 7th.

For those of you who purchased the cassette version of American Dream, these are in production. They do not exist yet. No one in the world will get stock before DFA do. The day they get to us is the day we will mail them out. We are told as of today that it will be approximately 1-2 more weeks.

As fans who have waited seven years for a new album from LCD Soundsystem, we understand your frustration and apologize for further delaying your home listening experience. In an attempt to amend some of the aggravation that this delay has caused, we’ve attached a link to download the album, as well as the non-LP track “pulse v1”.

Please know that your order is on the way and will be in your possession imminently. Thanks for supporting DFA, and looking forward to getting American Dream to you.

Best,
DFA Records