Need help to determine next logical step on improving my setup

OK, so it's been awhile since I've tampered with my setup and I'm ready to lay down some money on improvements. Right now I'm running a Music Hall 5.1 turntable with a (pretty standard and probably shitty comparatively) Onkyo TX-8255 receiver and some PSB Alpha B1 bookshelf speakers.

I just purchased Sennheiser 6XX headphones from Massdrop, set to ship in December, and it got me thinking of my setup and what I can do to really get the most out of them. I'm guessing I should start with replacing the Onkyo receiver and was thinking of getting a Yamaha integrated amp in the $500-$600 range. I was also thinking of putting the money towards a dedicated headphone amp instead (or eventually in tandem) but don't know if I'll get the most out of the headphones if it's still running through the Onkyo.

Suggestions?

I'm open to any and all suggestions especially since I am fairly inexperienced when it comes to the finer points of setup. I'm willing to modestly invest and would like something that would last and obviously sound great. Thanks for any help and input.