PO: Converge - I Can Tell You About Pain 7"

Thanks to everyone who has checked out the release. Converge received our exclusive color first, and have it available on the tour now. 

They are selling quickly, not sure if we will have them on the whole tour. Hope so though.

Edited by jbannon

15 hours ago, atlas said:

No shrink wrap or anything nor a paper sleeve inside, kinda an interesting packaging decision.

This isn't a dig, but it's always funny to me when folks on here make comments like that. That's how 7"s in glued sleeves came for decades and decades. This thing of cramming a paper dust sleeve into a glued 7" sleeve is still new in the scheme of things (and often annoying as hell). 

Edited by mike

Just gonna reminisce again, last time I saw them they played Locust Reign. Me and like 20 dudes lost our minds in the pit and then some 16 year old kid in UFO pants and Dethklok shirt said "What a bunch of faggots..." to his friend when the song ended.

So I used him to launch myself towards the barrier during The Broken Vow because I'm am asshole.

What I'm trying to say is I'm so fucking stoked for a new Converge LP.

Just got home from Detroit.  I guess there is a limit to how many 7" they are selling per night, cause after the show I watched the guy in front of me buy the 'last one.'   Pretty bummed.  If you want this, buy it at the beginning of the night and hold on to it tight.  (The foil jacket is beautiful!)  I guess there is a chance they sold them all in two nights?!

We got to hear the first live play of 'ICTYAP' - it rips!  Guess I gotta order the orange press now.  

Edited by coreystevens88

On 7/27/2017 at 1:24 PM, mootloot said:

Favorite Converge show:

Met Cafe providence 2001 junior year haha with

Thursday

Hope Conspiracy 

American Nightmare 

This show was a blast. I still have a giant ridiculous poster from this show as well. Though, for whatever reason, I don't remember Thursday at all.

3 hours ago, nick69 said:

So i was at the show last night.

A few items to note:

-Under Duress is a really good song. 

-They did not cut anyone off on the 7". As the show ended they still had it on the table for sale. 

-for you print collectors they had two. One is GIANT and 75 dollars. Its the logo of the three bands thats on some shirts and a pin. There is also a smaller print that was 50. They sold out of that one at least there. It looked like they only had a handful on the table so probably only selling a few a show. 

-they closed with a song i havent seen them play  in like 10 years and it was great. 

-i can tell you about pain is fucking brutal live. 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:02 AM, blessedxcursed said:

Sorry to be off topic but anyone see what records Amenra brought with them? Trying to pick up stuff cheaper than having to ship stuff from Europe.

I could see mass III & IV. They had one more but it was dark on that side of the table and i didnt want to push past people to check it out. Both were 20 bucks. 

Edited by Twistedshabazz

4 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

So i was at the show last night.

A few items to note:

-Under Duress is a really good song. 

-They did not cut anyone off on the 7". As the show ended they still had it on the table for sale. 

-for you print collectors they had two. One is GIANT and 75 dollars. Its the logo of the three bands thats on some shirts and a pin. There is also a smaller print that was 50. They sold out of that one at least there. It looked like they only had a handful on the table so probably only selling a few a show. 

-they closed with a song i havent seen them play  in like 10 years and it was great. 

-i can tell you about pain is fucking brutal live. 

I could see mass III & IV. They had one more but it was dark on that side of the table and i didnt want to push past people to check it out. Both were 20 bucks. 

Sweet thanks!

On 7/26/2017 at 9:37 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Since there's a small chance J.Bannon might see this: please play Albany, NY. I know it sucks here, but I'm old and would like to mosh again before my back fully gives up on doing its job.

All the good venues are gone...but like...please? 

Holy fuck you're here too?  They haven't played the Albany area since 12/27/01 afaik.  They played Northern Lights with 100 Demons, Most Precious Blood, Poison The Well, Shadows Fall and Hatebreed.  It was stupidly epic.  Also the first gig that Jason Bittner played with Shadows Fall (or something like that... they made a point of announcing that during their set, that he was helping them out.  Don't think he was officially in the band yet). 

I was 15 and my uncle took me.  It was unreal.  He had gotten me Jane Doe for Christmas that year, and they played The Saddest Day and Concubine and it was just absolutely wild.  I'll never forget it. 

Because why play Albany when they can play 2 sold out nights in Brooklyn?  Albany's scene used to be so incredible before Winners closed.  All the death metal acts pass us by now, even Skinless doesn't play here anymore.  Cryptopsy came to Trickshots in the winter and maybe 100 people were there, if that.  But when In Flames or Amon Amarth comes, the kids are out in force.  It's strange.  The melodic stuff seems to draw well now. 

Of course, Converge would sell out Northern Lights in a heartbeat. 

On 7/29/2017 at 1:16 AM, atlas said:

I was at the show tonight, got myself one. No shrink wrap or anything nor a paper sleeve inside, kinda an interesting packaging decision. Did get a cool sticker though. Went to the table right after Converge's set and dude was cracking another box open so doesn't seem to be too limited

Paper sleeves don't always fit in the glued pocket sleeves during manufacturing.  Can YOU make one fit?  Maybe.  But often, it's not an option in manufacturing.   

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Holy fuck you're here too?  They haven't played the Albany area since 12/27/01 afaik.  They played Northern Lights with 100 Demons, Most Precious Blood, Poison The Well, Shadows Fall and Hatebreed.  It was stupidly epic.  Also the first gig that Jason Bittner played with Shadows Fall (or something like that... they made a point of announcing that during their set, that he was helping them out.  Don't think he was officially in the band yet). 

I was 15 and my uncle took me.  It was unreal.  He had gotten me Jane Doe for Christmas that year, and they played The Saddest Day and Concubine and it was just absolutely wild.  I'll never forget it. 

Because why play Albany when they can play 2 sold out nights in Brooklyn?  Albany's scene used to be so incredible before Winners closed.  All the death metal acts pass us by now, even Skinless doesn't play here anymore.  Cryptopsy came to Trickshots in the winter and maybe 100 people were there, if that.  But when In Flames or Amon Amarth comes, the kids are out in force.  It's strange.  The melodic stuff seems to draw well now. 

Of course, Converge would sell out Northern Lights in a heartbeat. 

RIP Saratoga Winners. I know Ted Step Up tried to buy it from the brothers that owned it and they wouldn't sell...then it abruptly closed and mysteriously burned down. I think he owns Northern Lights now, which would explain why it's way less shitty these days.

I really wanted to go to that Cryptopsy show, but couldn't make it out.

Converge played Winners (with Darkest Hour, The Red Chord, Ringworm, and Thousands) fall of 05, Valentine's (with MLIW, Some Girls, and Kylesa) fall of 06, Northern Lights (with Mastodon) in early 08, and the Washington Ave Armory (with Dethklok and Mastodon) in like 2010. I was at all of them except the last one.

Poughkeepsie seems to be getting more shows than us now and fuck ever going back there. But yeah most bands hit NYC and then Rochester or Buffalo rather than Albany.

I'll be seeing the Amenra, Converge, Neurosis show on Monday in Philly. I honestly don't know how many times I've seen Converge. However, one of the first few times I did see them was at this place called the Stalag 13 in West Philly in the mid-90's. My friends and I often said it was a squatter house, but seeing Converge in their early stages was definitely a treat. Shit, that was over 20 years ago. Fuck, i'm old.

As far as the 7", obviously I am getting myself one especially with being only about 10 pieces away from having their entire catalog on vinyl minus the test presses and the limited YFM presses. I am picking one up for a friend, but if I am able to pickup others I'll reach to a few of you who want the purple variant.

9 minutes ago, whoshotthefrog said:

As far as the 7", obviously I am getting myself one especially with being only about 10 pieces away from having their entire catalog on vinyl minus the test presses and the limited YFM presses. I am picking one up for a friend, but if I am able to pickup others I'll reach to a few of you who want the purple variant.

I feel awkward asking but if you have an extra. I can paypal whenever you need. 

2 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I'll be seeing the Amenra, Converge, Neurosis show on Monday in Philly. I honestly don't know how many times I've seen Converge. However, one of the first few times I did see them was at this place called the Stalag 13 in West Philly in the mid-90's. My friends and I often said it was a squatter house, but seeing Converge in their early stages was definitely a treat. Shit, that was over 20 years ago. Fuck, i'm old.

Stalag 13 always looked like it was gonna burn down. I saw Get up Kids and Planes Mistaken there. Separate shows of course.