Vinyl Storage…We Need Your Help!

We are a small furniture maker based in the UK who are about to launch a range of furniture purely for the vinyl market, and here is where we hope you guys with your years of collecting experience will be able to help us out!

We are looking for some kick ass design concepts & your vinyl storage needs (no matter how trivial, it all helps!)
Is the anything that is missing on the market place that you would like to see?

Please let us know your thoughts and the top contributors will receive a finished piece of furniture for free!!!

3 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

if you can fill it three times but can't afford $900 of high-end storage space, idk what youre doing.

Well, I looked at it wrong to be honest with ya. :)

I kind of figured in my head that the record player had a spot to be there, not just put there for the photo. So yes, now that makes more sense. It doesn't fit into the room I've got going on right now though. Anything like that would block the vents. 

I've got a 1950's antique case with the turntable on the top and we're also getting stackable modular cases.

That would be my suggestion to the OP, make your stuff expandable. I love my antique case, but it's too small. It's been full for months and months.

2 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

Just make sure food, shelter and clothing come first.

I looked at my credit card balance and usage this month...not that it was for anything fun...buuuuut....

I'm going to skip buying any vinyl and put that money to my credit card for the month of August.

And beer...it's gonna be cheap this month. 

Thankfully I have Metallica Live At Webster Hall, Ace Frehley Anomaly, Somnium Nox, and a couple others coming to hold me over. :)

7 hours ago, B-Side said:

We are a small furniture maker based in the UK who are about to launch a range of furniture purely for the vinyl market, and here is where we hope you guys with your years of collecting experience will be able to help us out!

We are looking for some kick ass design concepts & your vinyl storage needs (no matter how trivial, it all helps!)
Is the anything that is missing on the market place that you would like to see?

Please let us know your thoughts and the top contributors will receive a finished piece of furniture for free!!!

I've always dreamed of a Kallax-like shelf, but with the records facing cover out in some type of crate that slides out on brackets so you fan flip through the album covers and slide it back in if that makes sense.  The brackets would have to be super heavy duty.  That would be awesome.

A "Kallax" type shelf that has a "thinner" outline to accommodate more records when the units are placed next to, and on top of each other....BUT a stronger outline than an Expedit....AND some type of "sliding door" on the front that will conceal all the records inside, and keep the spines from being scratched up by the cats....

That would be my "dream" record shelf. :)

4 hours ago, Plarocks said:

A "Kallax" type shelf that has a "thinner" outline to accommodate more records when the units are placed next to, and on top of each other....BUT a stronger outline than an Expedit....AND some type of "sliding door" on the front that will conceal all the records inside, and keep the spines from being scratched up by the cats....

That would be my "dream" record shelf. :)

I did this hack for doors. http://www.ikeahackers.net/2015/01/gladsax-frames-doors-kallax-expedit.html

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

I'd like to store my records into "air". But for some reason I just can't build air shelves. Can't get a grasp on it. If you could build that, you would be awesome!

The next time you feel compelled to make a "joke" on VC, I'd like to invite you to take a moment and explore the possibility of not posting at all.  I think we could really go places with this idea.

Wasn't joking Derek prolly shoulda said space...

Or space saver. Floating shelves. I have an 11x9 area with just over 2 thousand records and 3 thousand CD's and tapes and an entertainment center and computer desk

Not kidding around when asking for more floor space

Edited by VinylMario
wrong quote

13 hours ago, thesewoodenideas said:

Expedited/kallax style with a back to them so records can't be pushed too far back. Also a sliding front panel when not in use would be good.

I recently put 3mm MDF boards on the back of my Expedits for this exact reason.....each board was $5 and was cut to size at the Hardware Store/Bunnings......drilled the corners in and nailed the rest

Lifg4GP.jpg

SQsrJ0h.jpg

gXvNH0w.jpg

Really was simple and Works wonders

Edited by piky0032