2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

I can tell they are different singers, it's just that if you've never seen them in person, you just think "They have a lot of vocalists..." And losing one of the many isn't that a big of a deal (at least to me). But I'm not really sentimental to the pre-2013 TWIABP because I was in South America for two years and wasn't paying attention to American music.

And easy one: Somos. Go to thread for their last album and I'm pretty sure there was like 2 people that said they liked that album after receiving almost Unanimous praise for "Temple of Plenty" and selling out 4 presses of that album.

That's fair but I don't think I could even sit through their first LP. I just miss something like the Picture of a Tree suite or Mount Hum that actually explore soundscapes... I've been in love with this band since the demo they've always had their own corner in the scene but this record just feels like another face in the crowd.

This came out in 2013 it's Nicole, Katie, and Josh from TWIABP with a different drummer. It's clear why Twiabp sound the way they did https://onehundredyearocean.bandcamp.com/track/cig-life

45 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

That's fair but I don't think I could even sit through their first LP. I just miss something like the Picture of a Tree suite or Mount Hum that actually explore soundscapes... I've been in love with this band since the demo they've always had their own corner in the scene but this record just feels like another face in the crowd.

This came out in 2013 it's Nicole, Katie, and Josh from TWIABP with a different drummer. It's clear why Twiabp sound the way they did https://onehundredyearocean.bandcamp.com/track/cig-life

I'm pretty sure Nicole wrote every riff/guitar part I have ever loved in twiabp's songs.  So many beautiful sounds!!!

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I think that's the point I'm at with all this. I actually really like this new album, but it does lack what made me really love them. It's that post-rocky leaning with all the washy sounds and stuff.  I really hope this Hundred Year Ocean LP happens now, I can accept TWIABP being 'different' now if I can still get some of that sweet sweet guitar Nicole brings.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:39 PM, MCDELTAT said:

While looking for the almost non-existent photos of Tom, I found this hilarious article on Wired with TWIABP. Nicole basically just says "I've only heard that song once" or "I never liked them" for every artist mentioned. https://www.wired.com/2015/09/long-titles/

But every time I see a Fall Out Boy song title I’m just like, “fuck you.”

:lol:

13 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Got another listen in while doing HW last night (but a little more awake) and got to say was a little on the boring side. I'll have to really sit down with this for once. Also really upset the vinyl hasn't shipped since they've been posting on IG that they're in.

Haven’t they only posted pictures of the euro press?

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

No, I definitely saw a picture of the sky blue US variant. 
I'm actually going to assume that mine will be delayed because of the book.

You mustve seen the epitaph EU store pressing (blue with splatter). The US pressing are 100% not in yet.

I finally got a chance to listen to this and I think it's great, I honestly have no idea where all the hate is coming from. It's pretty different than the last two but in a good way. I only listened to it once but 'For Robin and 'Gram' were standout tracks to me. The songs with all the horns are gonna be so sweet live

It's cool that they write about social justice and mental health and all that, honestly, but does anyone else think Bello has a cringey way of writing/delivering the message sometimes? Like a high school kid that took his first humanities class and is all preachy. Not as bad as the Between Bodies stuff but definitely on that side of things. I really liked how everything was written on Harmlessness but I thought Greg Horbal did most of that. 

I don't think Greg Horbal wrote any of the lyrics on Harmlessness....or ever, really. I could be wrong but it was mostly Tom, Nicole, Dylan (? Dude on Formlessness who left but came back for Harmlessness), and then Dave who did lyrics.

I've never been a fan of Dave's lyrics or vocal delivery.

But also, Between Bodies was dope af

I don't hate it (I also don't like it), but I doubt I'll ever listen to it again when the rest of their discography is far superior.  To me it just seems like they lost the most crucial layer of their sound, the intricate guitar parts.  Almost every song feels like it's missing what has made so many of their songs so special.  The ambience is completely different.

Edited by parkinglot

3 hours ago, parkinglot said:

I don't hate it (I also don't like it), but I doubt I'll ever listen to it again when the rest of their discography is far superior.  To me it just seems like they lost the most crucial layer of their sound, the intricate guitar parts.  Almost every song feels like it's missing what has made so many of their songs so special.  The ambience is completely different.

Been sayin that since the first single. It fits in more with what most people like though I guess. Like, if you can listen to any of their past 7+ minute songs and then Marine Tigers or Infinite Steve it's so obvious and disappointing. The Blank is just a looped recording with static too... blegh.

I'm still not saying it's bad though, just good in a completely different way that I didn't want lol

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Been sayin that since the first single. It fits in more with what most people like though I guess. Like, if you can listen to any of their past 7+ minute songs and then Marine Tigers or Infinite Steve it's so obvious and disappointing. The Blank is just a looped recording with static too... blegh.

I'm still not saying it's bad though, just good in a completely different way that I didn't want lol

Might have to do this for a complete picture. I would have to agree preliminarily though. When I listened to the old records while biking I can still make out the ambient sections because they were still "busy" and dynamic. These are all kinda mixed low and don't move that much. I can barely hear like 3 of the tracks on this album if I keep it at same volume.

• 3 weeks later...