PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

43 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Getting gaped means to get ass raped....so sure if you want to play along with that go for it.  You know what the say "boys will be boys" or what ever other cliche you want to use  for some truly heinous shit.

I spoke of no rape.  Sorry.  You’re not putting words in my mouth, so fuck out of here with your assumptions or implications.  Check the context of his posts – I’m fairly certain rape doesn’t fit the shoe.  Take it up with Tetsuo.  It’s not like I text or PM the dude and snicker about what his posts may or may not mean.

44 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I would definitely argue that @rogeoa8 / RareLimiteds is way more of a fucking problem than @stl_ben yet nobody says shit about him.

so if we're really comparing apples to apples here......

Oh, definitely among the worst.  I’ve vented about him along with Halo 2 plenty of times.

I think I’ve said it before but I have no problem with Ben, he’s the most transparent of any flipper on here. I can’t fault the guy for being upfront with his motives. 

Not to mention, he seems to be passionate about the stuff he’s into (Third Man/Mondo/posters) so he’s not one of these guys that doesn’t even care about music and is just trying to screw people. 

Yes, he can be a little irritating when he starts his trolling, but whatever - as others have said there’s way worse examples around here. 

4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I think I’ve said it before but I have no problem with Ben, he’s the most transparent of any flipper on here. I can’t fault the guy for being upfront with his motives. 

To me This!  Yeah sorry I flip some Hot Topic record to make some cash to buy 50 other records I'll actually keep.  Maybe I shouldn't tell everyone I flip but instead just have a sale thread every couple months when I'm broke and need a car repair or whatever other excuse people use.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I'm not sure how much time you spend on VC, but the thing about stl_ben is that he actually does frequent the board to hop onto "hype" releases to buy specifically for immediate resale – sometimes in bulk.  Basically the vinyl-aftermarket equivalent of a pedophile, standing at a distance and licking his pencil mustache while eyeballing any sort of limited, alluring release he can get his hands on for a quick buck.  Same thing can be said for limited items at conventions [Comicon, Mondo conventions, etc.]  Dude is sleazy as fuck and had (has) no idea what vaporwave even is until this thread garnered some attention.

Spicy analogy. If that's true, you keep him around because...?

27 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Spicy analogy. If that's true, you keep him around because...?

Me?  I have no say in the lurking or actions he partakes in here at VC or eBay, Discogs, etc.  I just wish there was a way for him and other POdophiles to be flagged from popular pre-order sites (Deathwish, Bandcamp, etc.).  Kind of like a registered sex-offender database.

I'm on the side of market regulations and sites like this sure do enable flippers. Witness all the fucking stupid returns everyone engaged in on the Frank Ocean - Endless PO. Only flippers hedge so fretfully over something they don't plan on ever listening all because the PO window lasted too long for them , enough to turn them off owning a copy to begin with. Literal speculator bullshit in action.

Makes me think there's a few trollish flippers who get all the negative attention while many regulars low-key engage in it all the time, and that's hypocritical.

"I bought 2 copies" is a common refrain that never ends with who the second copy is for. Gee, wonder why...

EDIT: Bahahaha fuck off with your like, Ben, all the same :D. You're cute, tho *blows kiss*

Edited by armadillo01