PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Buying 2 copies of something isn't "hypocritical"...if you think it is, you should consult a dictionary.

That's not what I said. I said pretending that second copy is for anything else other than flipping is. Also that "out and proud" flippers like Ben get flak merely because they have troll game while people who casually brag about purchasing 2 copies on here all the time do not. This was all typed clearly the first time.

Didn't think that being openly anti-flipper would earn me so much butthurt and scorn.

Edited by armadillo01

I’ve bought multiple copies of things before when the second copy was a gift or part of a group buy with a board member. It may sound like a myth but, like, it happens man. I typically gift my brother Waxwork soundtracks for Christmas so I usually buy doubles then, too.

But then again, I do make him pay me double. And he has to buy it off me via Discogs.

8 minutes ago, conedust said:

Opened & escalated a PayPal claim a little over a week ago. OESB hasn't even bothered to respond. They've got until Sunday, at which point I guess I just get my money back.

In the same exact boat, but my claim expires next Wednesday.

I have no idea how this dude's PayPal account hasn't been suspended yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Mine lapsed without any response from him and PayPal decided in my favor.

Same. Guess they decided to bail on fulfilling the early orders in favor of more recent ones (perhaps hoping a good chunk of the older orders would eventually drop off PayPal's 180-day cliff). Never been so deliberately & transparently ripped off by a label. 

Just now, DoublesGuy said:

I'm late to the party on this one. Why is everyone so pissed?

The release of this particular record has been done so well, so carefully thought-out and orchestrated, that most in here are trying (and failing) to find ways to repay and honor the guy in charge of the label. It's fucking bullshit we can't be as good as him.

22 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

I'm late to the party on this one. Why is everyone so pissed?

Basically, the guy did a reverse preorder where the earlier you purchased the quickly sold-out record the lesser your chance to have actually received it.

Then as copies became available from cancellations and such, the people who ordered from the reposted listing appeared to get theirs much quicker than people who were waiting weeks or months for their order. 

Finally, the label seems to have absolved itself of any personal responsibility to anyone and those that haven’t gotten their order or otherwise wanted to cancel were simply told to go to PayPal and file a claim, which the label treated in the most passive-aggressive way possible by just letting the claim expire after 10 days or whatever so the payment would be refunded, rather than just take 60 seconds to sign into PayPal, admit you screwed up and give the person back their money. 

Also, there was some kind of thread somewhere in which the label owner trolled his customers and fans of vaporwave in general. 

I think I just about covers it. 

Edited by unknown pleasures

You can:

Pay a fortune on Discogs or

Wait for more copies to be listed since they seem to pop up every couple of weeks at random or

Ask stl_ben, who apparently purchased several hundred copies and might cut you a deal off Discogs.