PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

6 minutes ago, cambionic said:

What's stopping someone who already got their records from filing a claim?

It seems like this is rife for shady practices.

You could file a claim but in theory they’d show PayPal the tracking info and it would get closed out. 

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Debating the merits of PayPal/eBay resolution process is probably deserving of a whole thread itself...

18 minutes ago, cambionic said:

What's stopping someone who already got their records from filing a claim?

It seems like this is rife for shady practices.

This would only work if you filed a claim and the seller lost any/all tracking info and could not prove they shipped the item. Any somewhat organized business or seller would be able to immediately show proof of mailing and delivery if it wasn't already linked to the PayPal transaction when the postage was purchased.

The fact that he's unverified and somehow getting his account frozen is out of his control = pure BS. At least he's been off Reddit. Could mean he's actually busy shipping. He said a week and a half ago that Dragon Soul had finally come in. We'll see. Trail of excuses keeps extending in the meantime.

Just my two cents. If I really really wanted this record but I was in the same situation as you guys, I would just wait. Yeah, you might not get your record for months or even a year (lol), but it beats paying $100 to a flipper. I do not have much experience with Bandcamp, so feel free to enlighten me, but if this turned out to be a scam of some sort, I don't think they would let the label screw hundreds (or thousands) of people out of a record even if the Paypal claim date has passed. Anyone know if Bandcamp has ever stepped in before?

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

My tracking says shipping March 19th and arriving April 2nd. I found it by checking the confirmation email they sent me when I bought it. What's everyone elses say?

I believe that is an estimate that is selected by the BandCamp seller adding a static/general "shipping and handling turnaround time" number in their settings rather than a real time estimate, as I've had other BandCamp sellers go past those dates and not ship things out. But, for reference, mine says estimated shipping is Feb 23 and estimated arrival is March 9.

Edited by swb

48 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

My tracking says shipping March 19th and arriving April 2nd. I found it by checking the confirmation email they sent me when I bought it. What's everyone elses say?

Doesn't mean a thing, I'm still waiting.

• Estimated ship date: Nov 22, 2017
  • Estimated arrival date: Dec 6, 2017

18 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I escalated my claim to PayPal. Still no response from Todd Cuckboi. It is what it is. It's too bad stl_bendmeover is a giant turd too otherwise he could've  helped some of us out. 

I dont have any copies.  That being said if I get anymore in and you don't want to buy one I'll gladly trade.

I would for sure trade one for the paypal playboy 7" that came out yesterday.

5 hours ago, DoublesGuy said:

My email doesn't even have any estimates in it. those fields are blank.  I'm only a few days away from my 180 day dispute window.

Probably going to just file the claim and re-order down the line if this isn't just a huge scam.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

BWAHAHAHA

Since they can't ship stuff out it looks like paypal has now blocked them. 

So instead of fixing that and shipping things out.....

https://oesb-series-200.myshopify.com/products/macintosh-plus-floral-shoppe-lp

Buy them here and not have the safety of paypal guarantee.

American Express purchase protection FTW

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

BWAHAHAHA

Since they can't ship stuff out it looks like paypal has now blocked them. 

Buy them here and not have the safety of paypal guarantee.

Serious question here, lets say I file a paypal claim on my current order. And Re-order direct with a credit card. Do most major credit cards offer protections in this arena? Like could I dispute the charges with my credit card company if need be?

Did some reading up. The short version of the story is that yes, I can with my credit card company and will likely be fine, UNLESS it is through a middleman like paypal, where my company generally flubs it and screws the consumer. So my takeaway is yes, file a paypal dispute while I still can, get my refund. Then re-order direct from the merchant, where I have true cardholder protections. <_<

Edited by V3XED

4 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Serious question here, lets say I file a paypal claim on my current order. And Re-order direct with a credit card. Do most major credit cards offer protections in this arena? Like could I dispute the charges with my credit card company if need be?

Look up your protection policy. It differs by vendor and by the specific kind of card level/series you have. In most cases, they'll help you get a refund but you should 100% verify by reading their policy (and their exemptions).