PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

So, it's safe to assume my order through bandcamp is getting cancelled tomorrow?

Edit: also, did anyone with an existing PayPal order get an email update today? Something went out yesterday that said another email was coming to clarify things.

Edited by DoublesGuy
More information

He told me to contact Zubaru Bama, the Nigerian Prince he’s hired to oversee the orders and packing.

According His Majesty , I also won a once-in-a-lifetime drawing of a test pressing ( he referred to it as “the test pressings” but I’m pretty sure he just meant one). All I need to do is wire $400 into his bank account so he can verify my identity, after which he’ll promptly refund it - with interest.

Looks like OESB’s finally gotten its act together!!

Edited by unknown pleasures

6 minutes ago, natenomm said:

September order checking in. I ain't got shit. Just sent him an email via Bandcamp to say I did due diligence before filing a PayPal claim.

Also ordered early September.  Also have seen and heard nothing. Reached out via bandcamp and twitter last week. Filed the PayPal claim yesterday and had it "escalated" within 30m of submission. He has till next friday to make a rebuttal with paypal, though it sounds as though he lets these just time out. 

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Also ordered early September.  Also have seen and heard nothing. Reached out via bandcamp and twitter last week. Filed the PayPal claim yesterday and had it "escalated" within 30m of submission. He has till next friday to make a rebuttal with paypal, though it sounds as though he lets these just time out. 

In the OESB update posted a few pages back, he clearly states that he effectively has no time to respond to emails and in order to receive a refund folks should file a PayPal claim. He won't dispute them and they'll be refunded. So I wouldn't be looking for a response from OESB. It's just an automated refunding process at this point.

I wonder how he'll handle refund requests on new orders now that he's been jettisoned by PayPal.

FLORAL SHOPPE UPDATE - 03/04/2018

Here is an update on Floral Shoppe orders -- we realize that many of you on this mailing list have already received your copy but there was no quick way to segment the list so this email is going out to everyone who has ordered.

1) We are extremely sorry to those of you still waiting on your orders -- ALL orders will be filled -- ALL refund requests will also be honored.

2) we set up a new store on Shopifywith some copies of Floral Shoppe and a few other OESB albums -- the sales from this will help clear out the older orders much faster -- there are about 200 copies of Floral Shoppe still available -- NOTE: there's currently no payments via Paypal at the new shop.

3) RE: Causes for the delays, etc. 

Long story short we have been dealing with a Paypal freeze that began in early August and was triggered by the high sales volume that occurred when we made Floral Shoppe available. We then set up a 2nd Paypal account that was selling smaller restock quantities but recently they froze that account as well. 

We have been supplying Paypal with the proofs of shipments and other information requests yet they still keep finding reasons to keep our accounts frozen. So we have been unable to access funds nor have we been able to approve refunds on disputed orders. They had promised to release funds after a 180-day period but this has also not happened -- it's important to note that Paypal earns interest (for themselves) on all of the funds that they are holding. 

We had been waiting for the 180-day hold period to pass so that we could finish up shipments but now we're still dealing with blockades. Sales from the new Shopify store will help us clear everything out however because we're not using Paypal at the new store.

Does Paypal really do this? Yes -- just search on Google "paypal freeze from high volume of sales"  or "paypal limited account 180 days" -- it's exactly what we're dealing with. Our biggest mistake however was not getting a lawyer involved early on to help us deal with this -- we worried that this could somehow backfire and make things take longer but in hindsight it's exactly the course of action that we should have taken. Even some helpful customer service agents at Paypal have told us that this likely would have cleared up our issues much faster.

4) Thanks for all of the supportive messages we've received. People have every right to be very pissed off over the long delays and our inboxes and the uproar on social media have more than reflected this. But seriously it's been extremely encouraging when hearing from some of our more patient and sympathetic customers -- just a drop of love here and there really helps to dissolve all of the hate that we're receiving. So a big thanks again to anyone who has sent us encouraging messages.

5) Inside each shrink-wrapped album will be the 22" x 22" poster as well as a download card -- NOTE: the digital download includes a previously unreleased download-only bonus track

6) Please double-check your address information!! 
Oftentimes customers have an older address listed in their Paypal info -- please check your order and ensure that it's routed to the correct address -- if you have already emailed us on this then do not be concerned if we didn't reply as we've had hundreds of address change requests and haven't had the time to respond to everyone.

Okay thanks again everyone!!

Todd//OESB

Gooooo fuck yourself.