PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

"2) we set up a new store on Shopifywith some copies of Floral Shoppe and a few other OESB albums -- the sales from this will help clear out the older orders much faster"

Umm... what?? creating new sales in an entirely different setup will help clear out older orders? WTF is this guy on?

Not defending, but I get what he's trying to get across: funds received through Shopify won't be frozen and those funds can then be used on resources to get the backlog out. 

Again, not defending. 

I have my order from November, and I'm standing by the sidelines here. I know when my 180th day is nearing, and I'll worry about filing a claim in and around that time, if it cones to that. 

What he’s saying is he has hundreds of PayPal orders from November that currently eat up his inventory on paper, and he needs new Shopify orders so he can tell the people that ordered last year to go fuck themselves and then give their “reserved” copies to the people that order this week. If they opened PayPal disputes and got their money back, fine; if not he’ll keep the cash and not send anything when their dispute period lapses.

That’s pretty much what it boils down to. 

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Read the entire thread. This fucker is drowning in a sea of denial.

Good read. This dude fucked up. He is overwhelmed and clearly not properly organized. He went into this unprepared and got walloped by pressing plant issues, PayPal (not once but twice), and being understaffed/funded. To top it all off he is not an optimal communicator. His not frequent enough updates too often include details from the perspective of the label and don't explain the path moving forward with clarity for the customer. That said, a bunch of people have gotten records. And he's given uncontested refunds from the start. This isn't a scam. VC knows scams. VC buys from scammers on the regular. That narrative is willfully ignorant. Dude is trying to sell all of his copies before someone else's rights kick in and he's up the creek. That's a bad look for someone who still has outstanding orders from August. Cancel and refund or sit and wait. Either way, folks will get their money or their record(s). I wouldn't blame anyone for never giving this dude another dollar, but this forum has happily waited longer for less. 

Edited by docbronze

I have no problem with the label, I agree this isn’t a scam - the guy obviously has pressed records and is fulfilling orders, he just is A ) lazy as fuck and B ) not a good businessperson.

What gets my goat is the balls the guy has in places like Reddit. Like, it’s one thing to suck as a person but then do you have to also be a comic book villain on top of that and just be an ass to people, troll and insult former/current customers?

20 hours ago, pizza face said:

Just got shipped confirmation. Granted it's just pre-shipment but that's a step in the right direction 

42 minutes ago, Dojo Daniel said:

same here, hopefully everyone gets theirs soon

23 minutes ago, swb said:

Got shipping email on Tuesday night. Tracking still shows as pre-shipment tho.

from the new site/account?

Yeah I got a a shipping confirmation from both as well but the one from band camp says canceled/refunded. I thought I was gonna be getting two for the price of one until I saw that message. I just hope it doesn't sit at this stage for weeks/months. It's not like I didn't trust the guy but I also wanted to be protected. Learned from dealing with Ormolycka.  

Edited by pizza face

13 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

So if i bought one way back when it was first on BC how do I get it then? Order a copy from the new site and hope the dude cancels my other one? 

I think it’s working like this: Assuming it costs $5 to ship, for every new Shopify order, he ships that new order and takes the remaining funds to ship 3-4 BC orders. He claims old BC orders will ship, most likely combined with any Shopify order (if you ordered one from each site).  

I hate to say it, but, if I were him, I would ship out the newer BC orders first, the ones that are still protected by the 6 month Paypal protection.  The initial BC orders would be shipped last. I have no clue how he is actually working through old orders. 

There is a chance that placing a new order expedites your old order (combined shipping). Double or nothing mentality. 

2 minutes ago, ryantark said:

I think it’s working like this: Assuming it costs $5 to ship, for every new Shopify order, he ships that new order and takes the remaining funds to ship 3-4 BC orders

Sounds exactly like the logic this dude operates on. He's fascinatingly terrible at everything he does.

bf771dfc02759ee5ddb82cc081d2a24aaebcb4a1