PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

On 6/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, docbronze said:

Has anyone who ordered from the Angelfire site, received theirs? That was the oddest of the three sites yet and I'm genuinely wondering if it was legit.

I haven't. I messaged Todd via reddit like a month ago about it and he said those copies were shipping out then. Messaged him two weeks later and no reply so I filed a claim and got my money back.

12 minutes ago, ghost said:

I haven't. I messaged Todd via reddit like a month ago about it and he said those copies were shipping out then. Messaged him two weeks later and no reply so I filed a claim and got my money back.

Isn't it pretty much established at this point that Todd couldn't pay the manufacturer and lost ownership of the remaining records?
Thus the reason all thees other sites now have it for sale? I would say if you didn't get yours from Todd by now, its unlikely it will ever happen. 

31 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Isn't it pretty much established at this point that Todd couldn't pay the manufacturer and lost ownership of the remaining records?
Thus the reason all thees other sites now have it for sale? I would say if you didn't get yours from Todd by now, its unlikely it will ever happen. 

There's a seller on eBay from New Jersey who has sold like 30 copies and changes the price every few hours (or used to). At one point, it was like $70 and recently it was down to $34 to undercut other listings, so it would have to be someone who is getting these for wholesale prices since $34 is less than the $40 the 'stolen' copies are going for now. I wonder what that sellers relationship is to the pressing plant or the label.

4 minutes ago, birdturbo said:

Seems like a lot of these are coming out warped. I might just say fuck it and get a clamp.

People will poo-poo it all over the internet. so take it with a grain of salt....

But my friend received a badly warped record in the mail,

and by baking it in the oven on low temp then setting it between books I was able to make a significant improvement

(still not flat, but close enough).

11 minutes ago, birdturbo said:

Seems like a lot of these are coming out warped. I might just say fuck it and get a clamp.

The warping on my copies both had a gnarly lip warp that is harder to fix with a weight or clamp, since it's on the outside of the record and not distributed across from the middle out.

4 minutes ago, V3XED said:

People will poo-poo it all over the internet. so take it with a grain of salt....

But my friend received a badly warped record in the mail,

and by baking it in the oven on low temp then setting it between books I was able to make a significant improvement

(still not flat, but close enough).

You can put your copy between two panes of glass (steal them from your record frames or buy two record frames for $15) and put a crate of records or books on top and leave it in a warmer room for a few weeks and it'll get rid of the gnarliest part of the warp. Won't be perfect and takes more time than any oven fix but safer. Also clean the record before you do this or you'll add a bunch of noise to the grooves.

4 hours ago, V3XED said:

It's very well established. Yup. Per the original poster's question, I'm just trying to shed some light on the legitimacy of the angelfire site. Which is that it is, presumably, not legit.

Edited by ghost

Appreciate your responses, Ghost. That's exactly what I was curious about. I guess I wasn't aware that he had lost his remaining copies. I just presumed he was offloading them to anywhere that was interested to get as much money as quickly as possible since he had winnowed his direct retail options down to an Angelfire website. 

As to the warping issue, mine is a bit warped as well, but luckily doesn't affect play.

• 3 months later...