PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

2 minutes ago, V3XED said:

How rampant was the warping on the pink LP's? My copy was fine. 

The prevalence of warping will likely never be known as 1/3 of these were bought by tweens that don't own a turntable, 1/3 were purchased by vaporkids unconcerned with actual vinyl audio quality, and the final 1/3 are sitting in Todd's basement.

• 3 weeks later...

So Todd has been responding to a bunch of my comments on Reddit if anyone needs to get in touch with that guy. He apparently doesn’t have time to fill all the orders he took for this release but he’s got tons of time to engage in a stupid internet spat #priorities. 

He’s user u/OESBEE4 in case anyone needs to reach out. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/OESBEE4/

So I wound up getting into a pretty long argument with Todd Ledford on Reddit today. He was as condescending and combative as ever, including mocking users who were asking *nicely* about the status of their orders that were placed in January of 2017. 

Not gonna lie, I went really hard against him. Definitely confronted that dude in a way that I typically reserve for only the worst trolls. 

He even went so far as to offer to explain how PayPal has kept him from filling orders in some case for as long as 22 months if I’d only pony $5,000 to wager. His only stipulation was that I provide proof of funds. 

I offered him $10,000 instead, complete with pics of my account balance. 

He of course shut down. 

If you want to watch that dude slowly die inside on this thread, I recommend checking out this link:

That dude literally went months without answering emails and messages yet found the time to go on this thread today and troll the people he’s swindled. 

Im seriously starting to think maybe we should band together and try to press charges on this guy. He’s clearly committing fraud and he seems to relish in other people’s misery. 

How  many of us are still waiting on our orders? I feel like if we could provide documentation as to the extent of this fraud, that we’d be able to make some headway in the courts. I’m willing to cover any legal expenses for the group, including hiring a lawyer if we need. 

At this point I don’t even care about the money this guy stole from me, or that he’s ignored my emails. I don’t even mind that he’s called me retarded when he has messaged me. I just want to see this righted. This guy’s a criminal, and the fact that he’s been defrauding people since at least January 2017 shows a pattern of behavior that’s unlikely to change anytime soon. This guy has no morals. He doesn’t even respond to public shaming. Legal proceedings are a final resort, but a reasonable one given the extent of his bad behavior. 

Furthermore, artists need to know how he treats fans. I wonder how many of them would want to sign to a label that is so sketchy and offensive. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on trying to press charges? It’s true that we’re talking about many small transactions, but given that they involve credit cards, the internet, interstate commerce, etc. I’m sure it meets the threshold to be considered a felony. 

Even if if we could just get a total dollar amount stolen of a few thousand bucks, I think we can get this guy prosecuted. 

Anyone else with me on this?

Edit:

I feel the need to point out that he’s been nonfilling preorders from his label for the last two years or so at least. Based on comments I’ve seen here and on other sites, it’s entirely possible this guy has stolen tens of thousands of dollars since the winter of 2016/2017. It may seem small when any one of us gets taken for $30, but on the aggregate, this guy has made out like a bandit. To be clear: just because he’s stolen money in dribs and drabs doesn’t mean that this isn’t in actuality a pretty sizable fraud case. 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo
Grammar edits and added a comment

6 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I think you're taking it slightly personally. If he's hidden behind a LLC - and even the most rudimentary business person would do that - there's really not much you can do in a case like this.

I agree he's a jerk but there's jerks in life and they don't always get what they deserve.

But I doubt he’s hiding behind an LLC. That seems to be beyond his skill set of being a scuzzy rip off artist 

Edit:

I want to be clear, I would never suggest something like this lightly, but it really does seem like this guy enjoys being a bully and I for one am willing to put some work in to prevent anyone else from getting ripped off by this guy. 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

Just now, copelandkid said:

i was readin' his exchange with you and others on that reddit thread and i gotta say, mad props to you @GrapplesInStereo for being willing to take his ass to court
you don't see that kind of dedication often

You should read my edit to my first comment on this thread. 

Basically the the situation is this: Todd Ledford has been taking preorders for his label and only filling a small amount of them for about two years. He’s stolen thousands at least and possibly tens of thousands. I think on the high end, we’re looking at $30,000 to $40,000 in ill-gotten gains. There have been at least four releases that he’s put out on his label and pulled this stunt. Even if he only gets a few thousand each time, it still adds up. 

The truth is we don’t know how much he stole unless we start to add it up. 

I bet it’s a lot more than any of us think. 

There are are other labels who pull this stuff, and make no mistake, it will continue until we hold somebody accountable. 

3 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

You should read my edit to my first comment on this thread. 

Basically the the situation is this: Todd Ledford has been taking preorders for his label and only filling a small amount of them for about two years. He’s stolen thousands at least and possibly tens of thousands. I think on the high end, we’re looking at $30,000 to $40,000 in ill-gotten gains. There have been at least four releases that he’s put out on his label and pulled this stunt. Even if he only gets a few thousand each time, it still adds up. 

The truth is we don’t know how much he stole unless we start to add it up. 

I bet it’s a lot more than any of us think. 

There are are other labels who pull this stuff, and make no mistake, it will continue until we hold somebody accountable. 

no yeah i've been following this whole thing, being sincere here to be perfectly clear haha
and you're right, smaller labels do this sort of thing often with no repercussions beyond perhaps damage to reputation, and even then they often magically reappear and do it again with a new target audience. i imagine a lawyer with connections to the small label scene could make a decent amount of money litigating stuff like this when it pops up...

4 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

no yeah i've been following this whole thing, being sincere here to be perfectly clear haha
and you're right, smaller labels do this sort of thing often with no repercussions beyond perhaps damage to reputation, and even then they often magically reappear and do it again with a new target audience. i imagine a lawyer with connections to the small label scene could make a decent amount of money litigating stuff like this when it pops up...

The way to win this is to ultimately get some broader coverage of this rampant fraud.

Again, it happens in small dollar amounts and is a con job only pulled by a few shady label owners, but if we stand up to these clowns, and make their artists and business partners aware of this practice, we can cut this stuff out. 

I ask again, what artists would want to be on a label like this? In an era when physical media sales are a coveted source of revenue, no artist would want to be associated with fraud and bullying like what Todd has done to some of us. 

It doesn’t just begin and end with artists. Distrubutors, stores, and sites like Bandcamp would also like to know about this stuff. 

It continues because none of us complain or make noise. We all just think, “Oh, it’s only $25. No big deal. It’s just the cost of doing business.” We excuse this bad behavior for thieves like Todd Ledford. 

Whether or or not this shit continues is up to us. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So I randomly got some PayPal credit (less than 2 CDN) on June 6th. No email letting me know. When I go in to the details of the transaction I get "Class.Action.Settlement" as part of the weird codes listed.

So, either Canadian PayPal users got a pittance of a credit over something the company did wrong (like violating an aspect of Canadian consumer or banking law) but just in case it's somehow related to this infamous debacle I wanted to share what happened in case others who bought from OESB got a weirdly small amount of credit in their PayPal account as well.

2 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

So I randomly got some PayPal credit (less than 2 CDN) on June 6th. No email letting me know. When I go in to the details of the transaction I get "Class.Action.Settlement" as part of the weird codes listed.

So, either Canadian PayPal users got a pittance of a credit over something the company did wrong (like violating an aspect of Canadian consumer or banking law) but just in case it's somehow related to this infamous debacle I wanted to share what happened in case others who bought from OESB got a weirdly small amount of credit in their PayPal account as well.

I got the same thing on the 9th, it has nothing to do with this record

2 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Pretty sure it will be tied to this lawsuit...
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/proposed-settlement-announced-in-class-actions-against-paypal-871919006.html