PO: Mewithoutyou [A->B] Life Repress

9 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I already own a copy but I'm all in for the tour. It says it's remastered, so if these copies receive warm reception from y'all on the board I may get a tour copy and get rid of my current one.

8 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I have an older press already, but this is still tempting. Might try to snag a tour copy, since my stop is the first show of the tour.

All the verbiage around this release makes it sound like if you wait, you won't be getting anything.  There's no way the 500 tour variant is NOT sold out before the first show.

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Sugar in Tea sold out, and still more than half of the smaller pressing of black available.

Once again proving people hate black vinyl.

It never fails to amuse me that when they were OOP the Hot Topic color represses of Fever and Pretty Odd from 2009ish were going for a fair amount more than the original black ones were. Not that Panic fans should be a good gauge :P

(hides my copies)

2 hours ago, deltadon said:

they all are remastered and 180 gram, so Im guessing audiophile is just an adjective for the black version correct? I mean I am aware of the whole black vinyl sounds best debate....

Yeah it's kind of a running joke of sorts from mwY, that they offer the cool colors and then plain black for the "serious audiophiles."

9 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Sugar in Tea sold out, and still more than half of the smaller pressing of black available.

Once again proving people hate black vinyl.

I for one have my entire mwY collection on colored vinyl, so grabbing a black copy all of a sudden would feel inconsistent. I think a lot of people are the same way. 

7 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

They said in twitter that the "remaster" is taken from the CD audio. 

Do you have a link? Curious to see exactly what they said. Typically "remastered for vinyl" means they've just taken the original master and optimized it for vinyl, which isn't a huge process but makes a lot of difference. I would be surprised if they're saying anything other than just that this isn't some brand new total remaster.

Black is way better than the garbage random color pressings of Brother, Sister and Its All Crazy! that's for sure. Random mixed vinyl is actually cheaper than black cuz they just use whatever extra crap they have laying around.

31 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Yeah it's kind of a running joke of sorts from mwY, that they offer the cool colors and then plain black for the "serious audiophiles."

I for one have my entire mwY collection on colored vinyl, so grabbing a black copy all of a sudden would feel inconsistent. I think a lot of people are the same way. 

Why would they press black copies for a joke? They're using stupid buzz words but there's plenty reason to do it.

I like colored vinyl and prefer having that ~rare~ variant but avoiding a color because it's inconsistent with the rest of the discography is rather strange and I dunno if many people actually share that specific reasoning behind their purchase decision...

33 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Do you have a link? Curious to see exactly what they said. Typically "remastered for vinyl" means they've just taken the original master and optimized it for vinyl, which isn't a huge process but makes a lot of difference. I would be surprised if they're saying anything other than just that this isn't some brand new total remaster.

50 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

avoiding a color because it's inconsistent with the rest of the discography is rather strange and I dunno if many people actually share that specific reasoning behind their purchase decision...

*raises hand*

I'm generally a colour vinyl guy, but for my Deftones collection I will only buy black because the boxset was black.

When I started my Cancer Bats collection I just happened to end up with a bunch of clear gold/orange, and at the time all of their albums had that variant available so I continued the trend as I bought more.

If I have mostly colour for a disocgraphy I'll try to keep it that way.

Edited by daegor