(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

6 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I got my records today and i'm a little disappointed. With all of the money and support I've given Deathwish over the 12 plus years I didn't get the Friends and Family press. Instead of being 2-12"'s away from a complete Converge collection. Now, i'm going to be short and have to pay a ridiculous price to get it. 

If I worked at DW I would make sure to only send you black LPs, you ungrateful son of a bitch.

7 hours ago, Satan said:

In the sense it's not remotely close to the converge I know and love. I'm a if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy. This just isn't the converge I was expecting and it's pretty disappointing 

Am I the only one who is reminded of early Converge (like Petitioning and Forever early) when listening to The Dusk In Us? Some of the melodies and soloing remind me of it. Anyway, I’ll admit, it took me a few listens for it to hit me like AWLWLB did, but I like that they arent just doing Converge by the numbers, even though there are some songs that are unmistakeably them here. I’d still rank it in my top 5 Converge records probably.

Edited by ConeyAllen

4 hours ago, twatay said:

If I worked at DW I would make sure to only send you black LPs, you ungrateful son of a bitch.

Seriously , shit is stupid I'm so sick of this mentality. I have no problem with collecting certain colors for the thrill but to complain about something that you didn't get specifically because it's a collectible ...,

11 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I got my records today and i'm a little disappointed. With all of the money and support I've given Deathwish over the 12 plus years I didn't get the Friends and Family press. Instead of being 2-12"'s away from a complete Converge collection. Now, i'm going to be short and have to pay a ridiculous price to get it. 

What do you think is happening at DWHQ? I'd be surprised if they employed a person whose sole job it is to determine whose preorder has the most Converge or DW-releases to their discogs. Yet if they don't, how can you be disappointed in them? Do you except them to remember you? Few copies are randomly inserted into preorders, so yeah, be disappointed that the odds didn't go your way, fair enough, but you seem to act as if they've done you a disservice in some way. Owning a near complete Converge collection doesn't make you friends. Or family.

40 minutes ago, jbannon said:

Thanks, I was looking for a DW variant. Also, thanks for this awesome record, I've been in non-stop listening

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Doesn't look like I'll be able to listen to the record til it arrives on Monday. That's what I get for choosing Media Mail. Ha!

Sooooooooooooo....anyone want to share a legit download with me to tie me over til then?

;)

it's on all major streaming platforms including Spotify. download the free version and enjoy 

19 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Wait...is this dude serious? Why would you get a F&F pressing for supporting a label wtf

21 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Doesn't look like I'll be able to listen to the record til it arrives on Monday. That's what I get for choosing Media Mail. Ha!

Sooooooooooooo....anyone want to share a legit download with me to tie me over til then?

;)

My record came with two download codes. If you can wait until I get home from work in a few hours it's yours.

Been a massive fan since the days at The Space in Worcester, and getting Jake’s blood all over my shirt at their one and a half song performance at the NB Hardcore Fest years ago, and they never disappoint. Been collecting their records forever, but I think this is the first release where I’m going to try and get a complete set of variants.  Managed to land preorders for the violet, indigo and blue variants, so I’m going for it. Probably going to kill the wallet, but well worth it. My hat is off, this record kills.  Anyone going to catch them on the tour willing to grab a green copy for me?  Nearest show to me is 400 miles away and I’m playing a show of my own that night. 

Edited by KnifeStreet

In case you are like me and keep getting stupid media mail shipping because you are a cheap bastard:

https://convergecult.bandcamp.com/album/the-dusk-in-us

LOL not five minutes after I post this, I get an e-mail saying I have mail.. LOW and Behold, Converge is in the house!

Edited by roadmonkey

1 hour ago, MrMatt767 said:

Wait...is this dude serious? Why would you get a F&F pressing for supporting a label wtf

I had assumed that was a copy and paste from like IG or FB because that's where the really entitled fuckers seem to post shit like that...but now I dunno...homie might have been serious and if so...yikes.

Anyways, I listened to the album twice and like it a lot.