(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

On 11/3/2017 at 8:54 AM, erikness said:

Bummed that MO/KS got the shaft with exclusives (and tour!). Thought for sure, at least, Mills would be on the list. :(

This thing rips so hard.

If there are stores there that  DO carry records, but didn't get this, PLEASE have them hit us so we can fix this for the future!

http://www.deathwishdirect.com/

If there’s anyone in FL that needs the indie store version (indigo, I believe?), I can always grab one for you, the store I go to has a few left. 

Wish I could get to the tour, but the nearest gig is like 400 miles away, so I’m hoping to land one on eBay for less than a kidney or have a friend grab one for me.  F&F is another story, haha. 

Damn deathwish fucked with me HARD. I grabbed my package out of my mailbox and was thinking to myself there’s no way in hell this is just one LP from how heavy it was, opened it up and seen two Record jackets (I only bought one red LP) and freaked the hell out one was converge record and the other was a trap them jacket that I suppose they used for padding. And for a second I though it was the F&F Press. Cruel lol

12 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Damn deathwish fucked with me HARD. I grabbed my package out of my mailbox and was thinking to myself there’s no way in hell this is just one LP from how heavy it was, opened it up and seen two Record jackets (I only bought one red LP) and freaked the hell out one was converge record and the other was a trap them jacket that I suppose they used for padding. And for a second I though it was the F&F Press. Cruel lol

Basically the same exact story this afternoon, down to the same jackets.  (There were 2 spares for me, for that extra heft.)  Well baited, DW.

26 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Nice. I like that Jacob says "Trigger" feels like a Jesus Lizard or Rollins Band homage. I was going to say it feels like part Jesus Lizard and part Unsane. 

Went to Bannon's site to check on the WYW stuffs that I've been meaning to finally order and saw that he's offering complete sets of the "The Dusk In Us" giclee prints as well as individual ones for the art of each song like the shirts they have at DW.

https://jacobbannon.com/products/copy-of-j-bannon-i-can-tell-you-about-pain-eve-giclee-print

18 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Bullmoose was unfortunately unable to fulfill my indigo order -- actually the first time I've ever had that sort of situation happen with them. So I'm in search of either that or the blue if anyone has one they wish to spare for a reasonable cost/has a lead on one.

one indigo left here

https://tictail.com/madoviashop/preorder-converge-dusk-in-us-indie-exclusive

15 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

A few of you must not order from DW regularly.

They've been padding my mailers for the last year or two with excess sleeve runoffs, although it has really become more prominent this year.

I would also assume the fine folks at Deathwish wouldn't wreck a free record by leaving it outside of the protective wrapping.

22 minutes ago, Negron said:

A few of you must not order from DW regularly.

They've been padding my mailers for the last year or two with excess sleeve runoffs, although it has really become more prominent this year.

I would also assume the fine folks at Deathwish wouldn't wreck a free record by leaving it outside of the protective wrapping.

You're not wrong.  But this is an eclectic scenario in the sense that there's a "lucky lottery" element to everyone's order.  When you grab that parcel off your porch and it weighs more than usual, it's a bit more fun / exciting to gauge whether or not you lucked out – the same cannot be said for most DW orders throughout the year.  I think Converge and Touché Amoré are the 2 bands they've done those limited variants with, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, our Trap Them sleeves are triple gatefolds and super thick.  And I received 2, myself.  Collectively, I think they may actually weigh more than the Dusk vinyl + jacket + booklet.  A little different than getting a spare 12" jacket to pad a distro LP ordered from their webstore, in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Bullmoose was unfortunately unable to fulfill my indigo order -- actually the first time I've ever had that sort of situation happen with them. So I'm in search of either that or the blue if anyone has one they wish to spare for a reasonable cost/has a lead on one.

Same here. Still looking for one. 

I can pick up copies of the indie store exclusive (indigo) at a shop in Orlando, I think they have them for like $21-22 or something, and can mail them for whatever it costs just to help out, so let me know if you need one.  

I got my purple today, have indigo, blue and red coming in, snagged a yellow on Discogs today but still haven't gotten the invoice yet.  I'm going for the full set of colors, and I think this might be the first time I've ever done it for a record with more than two colors.  Very exciting, and the chase is sure to be fun, but I get the feeling that it'll hurt me in the wallet when I get around to Orange and rainbow.  Ugh.

EDIT:  Also, the copy that came in today was padded with bubble wrap and had a poster and some stickers, but no additional padding sleeve from another record. 

Edited by KnifeStreet

Got the orange in a few days ago. Absolutely amazing. I expected nothing less from Converge, and they always deliver.

Hoping I can get something set up soon to take pictures of my records again - this one especially looks beautiful in the right light.

Loving the look of the rainbow, too. Maybe one day in the future I'll get one to pair with my AWLWLB /100. One can wish!

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

You're not wrong.  But this is an eclectic scenario in the sense that there's a "lucky lottery" element to everyone's order.  When you grab that parcel off your porch and it weighs more than usual, it's a bit more fun / exciting to gauge whether or not you lucked out – the same cannot be said for most DW orders throughout the year.  I think Converge and Touché Amoré are the 2 bands they've done those limited variants with, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, our Trap Them sleeves are triple gatefolds and super thick.  And I received 2, myself.  Collectively, I think they may actually weigh more than the Dusk vinyl + jacket + booklet.  A little different than getting a spare 12" jacket to pad a distro LP ordered from their webstore, in my opinion.

I guess it will all make sense to me after my package finally shows up.

2 hours ago, KnifeStreet said:

I can pick up copies of the indie store exclusive (indigo) at a shop in Orlando, I think they have them for like $21-22 or something, and can mail them for whatever it costs just to help out, so let me know if you need one.  

Yo, what store in Orlando?