(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, you're not wrong about that at all.  I guess "flipping" is technically not the right word to use, by definition, but like you said... it's comparably shitty.  Of course we could play devil's advocate and assume the guy is a mega-fan who just ran into some medical issues or car troubles, but $1,800 OBO seems pretty insane and I definitely don't think that's the case here.

Yeah and if that WERE the case he'd have MUCH better luck coming out and saying "Hey, shits fucked up and I need money...here's this thing" 

99.9% chance it's some turd trying to cash in on his good luck from the band doing something nice. Especially since no Converge record has ever in history sold for even CLOSE to that much. Like...not even in that ballpark and there are much rarer Converge records.

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah and if that WERE the case he'd have MUCH better luck coming out and saying "Hey, shits fucked up and I need money...here's this thing" 

99.9% chance it's some turd trying to cash in on his good luck from the band doing something nice. Especially since no Converge record has ever in history sold for even CLOSE to that much. Like...not even in that ballpark and there are much rarer Converge records.

Ask $1,800, settle for $500 under the guise you're cutting the buyer the deal of a lifetime.  Genius.

• 2 months later...

Totally agree about price, and clearly there is no demand at that price, but... even if you can get a Axe to Fall shards for $200.... there currently is no way to get the Dusk F&F for near that price. If I'm wrong, sell it to me for a decent price :) Seriously, I'm not joking. 

There is another one listed now for only $1530. I talked to the seller, and they said it was the discog's suggest a price tool recommendation. It's like when 2 used book bots fight each other on Amazon for a slightly higher price, because only 2 are listed...

Edited by andrewc