(P.O. Now!) Converge - The Dusk In Us (November 3rd)

Not. A. Single. Store. In. FloriDUH! Will. Have. The. Indie. Exclusive.

That was pretty obnoxious on my part. But yeah...no stores in FL...I will need to have a little chat with the stores near me. What the hell, people?

Should have ordered it from Madovia when they had it. Damnit.

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

That was pretty obnoxious on my part. But yeah...no stores in FL...I will need to have a little chat with the stores near me. What the hell, people?

Called my local store and put one on hold, if they have more when I get there I'll try to grab an extra 

30 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I sold out of indie today but got more coming .  2nd Restock 

I got my records today and i'm a little disappointed. With all of the money and support I've given Deathwish over the 12 plus years I didn't get the Friends and Family press. Instead of being 2-12"'s away from a complete Converge collection. Now, i'm going to be short and have to pay a ridiculous price to get it. 

7 minutes ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I got my records today and i'm a little disappointed. With all of the money and support I've given Deathwish over the 12 plus years I didn't get the Friends and Family press. Instead of being 2-12"'s away from a complete Converge collection. Now, i'm going to be short and have to pay a ridiculous price to get it. 

LOL

always stoked when the entitled don't get the things they believe they are entitled to.

2 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Or just wait and see if DW will open their vault and clear some out for retail?

15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This has never happened for their friends and family presses. I THINK they auctioned some off once for charity? 

It's a variant that is never intended to be sold.

It totally happened not too long ago, they had a vault sale and there were clear copies of AWLWLB for like $20. I got a family & friends press of a touche amore record during that same sale for regular L.P cost.

Edited by Codyoster

5 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

It totally happened not too long ago, they had a vault sale and there were clear copies of AWLWLB for like $20. I got a family & friends press of a touche amore record during that same sale for regular L.P cost.

Oh shit, I stand corrected. I never used to miss shit like that. I hate being busy all the time. It sucks.

Speaking of being busy, my mail carrier just delivered my packages...after 8pm. He seemed frazzled and he apologized for being crazy late.

So stoked to spin this in a minute.

6 minutes ago, Satan said:

In the sense it's not remotely close to the converge I know and love. I'm a if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy. This just isn't the converge I was expecting and it's pretty disappointing 

Counterpoint: Making the same exact music for 30 years would probably be boring from an artist's standpoint.

Seriously. In the genres of HxC and Metal, making the same music over and over and over all through a 20+ year career would get incredibly boring & dull to listen to as a fan of the band. How many times do you want to hear the same chugga chugga chugga riffs on every single song on every record?!?! 

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Seriously. In the genres of HxC and Metal, making the same music over and over and over all through a 20+ year career would get incredibly boring & dull to listen to as a fan of the band. How many times do you want to hear the same chugga chugga chugga riffs on every single song on every record?!?! 

To be fair though, if Converge released an album of just WFCC style mosh parts I'd buy a dozen copies. They wouldn't even need to make full songs out of them.

3 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

you’re a bitch

1 hour ago, Satan said:

In the sense it's not remotely close to the converge I know and love. I'm a if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy. This just isn't the converge I was expecting and it's pretty disappointing 

ive listened to it about 10 times. i think its a good album with a few really great moments (it is, afterall, a converge album) but its definitely not going to go down as a favorite for me either. 

44 minutes ago, Satan said:

Counterpoint. Banner Pilot. Same shit but different, yet the same. 

But I'm not a converge fanboy so my opinon doesn't matter 

I'm not such a fanboy that I don't comprehend differing opinions. I don't love Axe to Fall. Most any Converge fan more than like 3 years younger than me would think that's insane. 

But given their last few records, this new one isn't out of left field. Different, but a logical progression.  Like, I don't listen to a new Between the Buried and Me album and go "What's this prog-ass bullshit?" I think it, but I'm not surprised and it doesn't make sense to complain.

3 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

A buddy of mine said Converge are The Beatles of aggressive music.  I couldn't agree more.

They only have one LP worth of good material?