PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Just now, deafening said:

I seriously think its their best. At least tied with TDAG.

Is this referencing the time they played all 4 albums over 2 nights? The internet reaction  of the people at the show where they followed YFW with Daisy was priceless. Everyone felt so entitled to hearing Deja

12 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I didn't. I ordered in the second wave, but it is worth noting that I selected media mail. So, that's TBD, technically.

In the sake of keeping hope alive - the cd was sent USPS Priority which has varying delivery dates (1-3 days)... 1 day is exceedingly rare (within 0-50 or so miles of source zip code shipment, in this case 11803) and the posts I've seen today were all "1-Day Priority" , with 2 day being the most common. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these cds pop up in people's mailboxes tomorrow and Saturday. 

Edited by cbjornson

36 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Unsolicited take on this: Your scenario is the fiction. Brand New breaks up in 2018. They sell out a 3 show run of "Final Shows Ever" at Madison Square Garden. Kids fly in from all over the world. The butthurt is felt across the galaxy when the band only plays songs off of Science Fiction.

In 2028, they headline Space Coachella because theyve all run out of money and the most recent repress of Deja Entendu wasnt enough to send all their kids to college.

James Murphy approves this message.

27 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Full album is on YouTube if you didn't buy the record. The first 2:15 was pretty solid but it didn't do much for me after that.

About halfway through and so far I'm with you. I've dug probably two songs so far. It's not terrible...it's just not great.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

About halfway through and so far I'm with you. I've dug probably two songs so far. It's not terrible...it's just not great.

Pretty much this. 

I can't really pinpoint the vibe I'm getting from it. It sounds like SOMETHING and I just can't put my finger on it.