PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Really digging the album. Blew my expectations out of the water. 

Now I'm hoping one of those CDs shows up within a week. I ordered a "Limited Vinyl" shortly after the site went down and back up, put the order through at 12:40 CST on the 15th, the receipt does include "relevant media" so fingers crossed that means CD.

Anyone else order around or after that time and get a CD?

Am I going crazy or does no one else realize that the "Relevant Media" has a June download?  I've posted that like 4 times in this thread.  Please, someone else tell me I'm not missing something super obvious here.  It makes no sense for the "Relevant Media" to be any form of the album if it's time-gated for a June download. 

Just now, Skacel said:

I'm assuming everyone who ordered the limited will get the CD. How long did the PO last? About an hour? That seems a reasonable time for 500 to go on an unannounced launch. I can't see them shifting the quoted 5000 units in that time but who knows...

It was longer than an hour, but it sold out a couple of times in between and the site would continually crash. My receipt shows 2:20 PM eastern, I was one of the last few to get one. So with it being so finicky I suppose I could imagine that only 500 got through the system. Who knows. Still assuming a CD won't be showing up for me.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Am I going crazy or does no one else realize that the "Relevant Media" has a June download?  I've posted that like 4 times in this thread.  Please, someone else tell me I'm not missing something super obvious here.  It makes no sense for the "Relevant Media" to be any form of the album if it's time-gated for a June download. 

I think it was just a mistake tbh. Album PO was probably meant to be earlier in the year with June release date.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

you might be getting the Brand New brain parasites.

I thought almost exactly nothing of it. June 5th is in the relatively recent past and my guess was they were planning to release then but it got delayed.

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

It was longer than an hour, but it sold out a couple of times in between and the site would continually crash. My receipt shows 2:20 PM eastern, I was one of the last few to get one. So with it being so finicky I suppose I could imagine that only 500 got through the system. Who knows. Still assuming a CD won't be showing up for me.

You got yours about 20mins before me. When coheed launched their D2C version of Good Apollo it took hours to sell out the 2000 records (or whatever it was) - and that was a defined on sale date/time.

With the system crashing, I just can't see 5000 orders being processed in the time it took for this limited version to sell out.

Edited by Skacel

Just now, Skacel said:

With the system crashing, I just can't see 5000 orders being processed in the time it took for this limited version to sell out.

Agreed -- I can't imagine 5000 individual orders got through during that time frame when you consider the sell-outs and system crashes. 500 seems much more likely.

I don't think the system crashed, I think the store was taken down when the "very limited" were gone (about half an hour after they went up for sale), and then re opened for the "limited" pressings. I wonder if only the "very limited" folks are getting CDs. Could 500 orders have come through in 30 mins?

1 minute ago, bluescreenlife said:

I don't think the system crashed, I think the store was taken down when the "very limited" were gone (about half an hour after they went up for sale), and then re opened for the "limited" pressings. I wonder if only the "very limited" folks are getting CDs. Could 500 orders have come through in 30 mins?

There is no "very" limited. Thank our talented VC jackasses for starting that rumor. ;)

Bundles:
1 x Fifth Album - Very Super Duper Extra Limited Vinyl @ $45.00

Items:
1 x Brand New's Fifth Album - Very Super Duper Extra Limited Vinyl (Bundled)
1 x Brand New's Fifth Album - Kinda Limited Relevant Media (Bundled)

Edited by lethalenforcer

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Agreed -- I can't imagine 5000 individual orders got through during that time frame when you consider the sell-outs and system crashes. 500 seems much more likely.

Brand New’s Facebook has close to a million likes. I think 5k is totally reasonable.  

I saw one reddit post where someone claimed they had checked out with confirmation within 47 seconds of it going up.  Doesn’t take long.

Bundles:
1 x Fifth Album - Elite VIP Vinyl 'ocean blue' Fyre Festival Edition @ $45,000.00
Items:
1 x Brand New's Fifth Album - Deluxe Cabana Suite w/ Yacht access (Bundled)
1 x Brand New's Fifth Album - Meet & Greet with Social Influencer TBA (Bundled)
1 x Digital USB Wristband containing Fifth Album
2 x Drink tickets

WHAT DID I BUY