PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

I don't understand why so many people thought that this album wouldn't be good... Brand New has gotten better with each release and this is quite possibly their best. It is everything I had hoped for and more. Waste and Same Logic/Teeth are my favorite tracks so far but I also really like 137

Just now, Codyoster said:

I don't understand why so many people thought that this album wouldn't be good... Brand New has gotten better with each release and this is quite possibly their best. It is everything I had hoped for and more. Waste and Same Logic/Teeth are my favorite tracks so far but I also really like 137

it's because Mene and IIAN were not good. And they didn't seem into being a band, at all.  And they scrapped a whole album which usually leads to thinking that they don't know what they want to do, or can't seem to get it right.

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

it's because Mene and IIAN were not good. And they didn't seem into being a band, at all.  And they scrapped a whole album which usually leads to thinking that they don't know what they want to do, or can't seem to get it right.

I really like Mene and I Am A Nightmare, I also really liked the reworked demos and Sealed To Me even tnough it's only been played live.  I guess thats all just a matter of opinion though. I guess my perspective of Brand New varies from most people though because I never stopped liking them or thought that they were just trying to rip me off every time they put new merch up for sale like I see a lot of other people complain about on here. But now a lot of those people seemed to have a change of heart so it caught me off guard 

7 minutes ago, rooks said:

it's because Mene and IIAN were not good. 

5 minutes ago, borispreorderer said:

i am a nightmare was a good song.

Everything is relative. I liked Mene a lot, and IAAN is pretty fun. 

I haven't listened to this album enough to speak to favorites, but my first impression is that it might beat out Daisy for my top spot.

ya'll are silly.  also, spark or not from BN's side I know quite a few of us were a bit worried that after 8 years we may have just outgrown the genre BN usually operates in. I'm happy to say I'm enjoying the record and it's not because of nostalgia. Which makes it probably the first time in at least 5 years I can say that about a BN release.

Just now, ejc625 said:

that mock up looks sketchy as fuck.

but those are the colors I was hoping for on the "very limited". I don't want to throw down 30 more bucks :(

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

Better be. See-through vinyl is superior to not-so-see-through vinyl. IMHumbleO

Feel the same way.  Not just aesthetically but often sonically as well, though I will admit I haven't spun an opaque record in quite some time.

I'm just glad to see a variant that matches the clothing on the cover.  Point and laugh about nerds nitpicking colorways all you want, but that was a variant a few of us were hoping to see from the beginning.

42 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Coolbeans.

Still so curious as to what the limited is going to be...

I have to imagine Brand new will follow with the way they usually press colored records. For the limited it seems very realistic that the initial preorder was /500. I'd imagine the indie store exclusive would be out of either 500 or 1000. They are pressing the records themselves and fronting the costs, so limited numbers of 500 for different colors would certainly move that inventory pretty fast. 

Edited by cephcarn4