PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Seems its out of stock! Here is a little motivation for those who have missed another indie exclusive pre order and feel bad:
These, while seeming hard to find now, but I have a feeling these will be abundant in the the future close to release date. Keep in mind these have been put up in four stores (Bullmoose, Plaid Room, Sea sick, and Wax Records) and most of those are smaller record stores. We haven't even seen POs from Amoeba. So just be patient, cause chances are you will get one. Remember the blue edition of OKNOTOK? People lost their minds over it instantly selling out everywhere at first and now its extremely easy to get. 

5 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

Seems its out of stock! Here is a little motivation for those who have missed another indie exclusive pre order and feel bad:
These, while seeming hard to find now, but I have a feeling these will be abundant in the the future close to release date. Keep in mind these have been put up in four stores (Bullmoose, Plaid Room, Sea sick, and Wax Records) and most of those are smaller record stores. We haven't even seen POs from Amoeba. So just be patient, cause chances are you will get one. Remember the blue edition of OKNOTOK? People lost their minds over it instantly selling out everywhere at first and now its extremely easy to get. 

While you make some good points, it's worth noting that Brand New nor their label are anywhere near the same scope at Radiohead and XL.

32 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

I'll thank you now, friend. They wouldn't ship to Canada, but they let me use PayPal so I'm halfway there. Just have to wait for my pal in NYC to visit in December so she can bring it to me. 

THANK YOU. 

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

While you make some good points, it's worth noting that Brand New nor their label are anywhere near the same scope at Radiohead and XL.

Yeah Brand New isn't nearly as big, but I bet the situation will be nearly the same. People are losing their minds over getting these records, and the main issue is that most places aren't even running their POs yet. So in my opinion once this gets its full release we will see the indie become an easy find at least for a few days.

16 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

Yeah Brand New isn't nearly as big, but I bet the situation will be nearly the same. People are losing their minds over getting these records, and the main issue is that most places aren't even running their POs yet. So in my opinion once this gets its full release we will see the indie become an easy find at least for a few days.

Album is going to be No. 1! You literally can't get any bigger 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7940834/brand-new-science-fiction-number-one-album-billboard-200

6 minutes ago, 212 Margarita said:

for sure. I mean has a band ever had a #1 album and not been bigger than the beatles? I think not!

21 minutes ago, 212 Margarita said:

lol, even if we weren't talking about distribution capacity-

Brand New's Science Fiction projected 1st week sales according to US Billboard: 55,000 units

Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool actual first week sales (minus 2 days due to release day) according to US Billboard: 181,000 units (May) and 23,000 more when the Special Edition released in September.

Pretty close.

Edited by rooks

Found a comment in the Brand New subreddit saying Seasick tweeted at them claiming the Indie Exclusive is limited to 5,000. Tweet from Seasick seems to be deleted so not sure if it holds any merit. Could explain the LP5 url during preorders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6vdaks/5000_copies/dlzchcw/

10 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Found a comment in the Brand New subreddit saying Seasick tweeted at them claiming the Indie Exclusive is limited to 5,000. Tweet from Seasick seems to be deleted so not sure if it holds any merit. Could explain the LP5 url during preorders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/comments/6vdaks/5000_copies/dlzchcw/

That may seem like a lot... but as a general rule of thumb, you can subtract the last digit from any Brand New press to gauge a more normalized level of demand.

10 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I'm more interested if the Limited even guarantees a CD. Still haven't gotten anything.

Very curious about this as well.  I reached out to the label with an e-mail last week but I'm not expecting any kind of response.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That may seem like a lot... but as a general rule of thumb, you can subtract the last digit from any Brand New press to gauge a more normalized level of demand.

Very curious about this as well.  I reached out to the label with an e-mail last week but I'm not expecting any kind of response.

Still nothing here, 1.5 hours away from Plainview by car. But, as we said, seems they are sending them out randomly.

I feel pretty confident that the OG orders were /500 -- and include a CD (at least)

Indie Exclusive - Red/Blue /5000

Aussie - White /whateverwhocareswhitevinylsucks