PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

On 8/30/2017 at 6:45 PM, zacooper said:

Guess I'll stop holding my breath for a cd to show up. Reached out to PMT regarding my "Limited vinyl" order and to see if I should be expecting a cd and got the following response:

"Hello, the Science Fiction album you purchased is on pre-order and will ship in October as stated in the product description. You will receive tracking via email when it ships. We do not know the exact day in October it will ship. We are not associated with any CDs previously shipped. Sorry I can't help you more with that!"

"not associated"

.... where do you think they got our names and addresses from? google?

11 minutes ago, cephcarn4 said:

I doubt its true, the band made these limited variants and cd's very well knowing tons would end up on secondary markets. I feel they just post crap like that to make people happy.

Its like when they say they took tickets back from scalpers.

Way to be a negative nancy. 

14 minutes ago, psus2h said:

Who has the time to "hunt down flippers?"  Also, have any of you heard or BN tix actually being cancelled? I think they buy them off of StubHub or TM resale market and make those available again.  

Don't come running to me when they're coming for you.

13 minutes ago, psus2h said:

Who has the time to "hunt down flippers?"  Also, have any of you heard or BN tix actually being cancelled? I think they buy them off of StubHub or TM resale market and make those available again.  

The tickets are actually held by the venue/band - these tickets are for industry people or guest lists. Closer to show time they have a better idea of how many tickets will be needed, so at that point they will toss extras back up online.

also a majority of stubhub tickets are from the venues themselves. A venue gets a certain percentage of tickets that they can sell.

3 minutes ago, cephcarn4 said:

The tickets are actually held by the venue/band - these tickets are for industry people or guest lists. Closer to show time they have a better idea of how many tickets will be needed, so at that point they will toss extras back up online.

also a majority of stubhub tickets are from the venues themselves. A venue gets a certain percentage of tickets that they can sell.

Yes of course there are band holds, venue holds, ADA holds, promoter holds, but I think the implication was that they were cancelling tix that people bought and were posting on stubhub or the TM resale site. 

19 hours ago, veggiecorecords said:

What's with the RBF hate? "Why Do they Rock so Hard?" and "Turn the Radio off" are classics! 

no hate but 10 times in a row is way too much for most records. Not sure about calling them classics but i loved Turn the radio off A LOT back then and still see it like an album thats been important to me through my youth. They are really good musicians too, However, ska punk was a trend that was exciting for the time it lasted and Why do they rock so hard was too late and nowhere near as good as the previous one was.  

12 minutes ago, psus2h said:

Yes of course there are band holds, venue holds, ADA holds, promoter holds, but I think the implication was that they were cancelling tix that people bought and were posting on stubhub or the TM resale site. 

Do you really think the band actually cares enough to do that?