PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

Here's my one and only complaint and I promise its not a typical BN bitch fest.  If people ordered the rare variant that originally went up I think they should atleast say what color it is.  Ive been holding back 2 months now on the indie release hoping the rare one isnt just black and came with the cd. Granted the CD for the extra $25 was fine with me.  Not complaining about the price, just lack of knowledge.

I agree, it would be nice to know what we are getting. But its also so mysterious. 

4 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

Here's my one and only complaint and I promise its not a typical BN bitch fest.  If people ordered the rare variant that originally went up I think they should atleast say what color it is.  Ive been holding back 2 months now on the indie release hoping the rare one isnt just black and came with the cd. Granted the CD for the extra $25 was fine with me.  Not complaining about the price, just lack of knowledge.

Considering not everyone who got the "limited" received the cd... this better not be the case!

5 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

Considering how rare this thing will be and how much time they're putting into the packaging, I'm willing to bet it's going to be some super awesome color.  I'm upset I didn't get one (I was on the broken webstore for almost two hours), but I'm over it. Can't wait for my Red/Blue variant from a fellow VC member here. I'm sure I'll be amused at the insane cost of whatever the rare one will end up being on Discogs.

2 minutes ago, Macbethfan said:

Considering how rare this thing will be and how much time they're putting into the packaging, I'm willing to bet it's going to be some super awesome color.  I'm upset I didn't get one (I was on the broken webstore for almost two hours), but I'm over it. Can't wait for my Red/Blue variant from a fellow VC member here. I'm sure I'll be amused at the insane cost of whatever the rare one will end up being on Discogs.

The reason it's taking so long is because the records will be filled with the band members' blood.

20 minutes ago, Macbethfan said:

Still wondering what the most limited is goign to be since we didn't have pressing numbers on the webstore one. I think the Aussie is /1000 and that wins right now?

4 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

I thought the YYYs Fever to Tell reissue was scheduled for a 10/27 release date. Checked BM and it says 10/20, so maybe they haven't gotten that in yet and are waiting to ship that and Sc-Fi together?

Probably not, I’ve had packages from the same order mailed out in consecutive days before. I’d say there are just a lot of orders and they are moving through them as quickly as they can (mine hasn’t shipped yet either).

17 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

Picked up the only indie version at my spot today - the packaging on this thing is incredible - nice heavy card stock some foil imprinting a huge ass poster 

can’t wait to see what my limited deluxe version looks like 

If your username is your name (guessing it is), I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your episode of the Encore podcast discussing this record. Gave me some reflection on the record that I previously overlooked. 

16 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

can’t wait to see what my limited deluxe version looks like 

I like to temper my enthusiasm by imagining what the worst possible version of the deluxe version would be.  I think I've settled on a cardboard box with 12 loose 7" records inside, with half of the song on each side.  Oh, and if you arrange the covers of the 7" records together, it forms the cover of the new Green Day - Greatest Hits: God's Favorite Band.

15 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I like to temper my enthusiasm by imagining what the worst possible version of the deluxe version would be.  I think I've settled on a cardboard box with 12 loose 7" records inside, with half of the song on each side.  Oh, and if you arrange the covers of the 7" records together, it forms the cover of the new Green Day - Greatest Hits: God's Favorite Band.

This. I fucking HATE Green Day.

I replied to the order confirmation email from Procrastinate and this was their response:

Hello, the Science Fiction album you purchased is still on pre-order, and will ship by the end of October. 

You will receive tracking via email when it ships. 

We apologize, but we do not know the exact day this month it will ship.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, August West said:

I replied to the order confirmation email from Procrastinate and this was their response:

Hello, the Science Fiction album you purchased is still on pre-order, and will ship by the end of October. 

You will receive tracking via email when it ships. 

We apologize, but we do not know the exact day this month it will ship.

Thank you!

I was finding it hard to believe that Brand New and PMT would intentionally be coy regarding, well, anything.  They're adults with lives; they don't have time to think about toying with fans, much less put it into execution.

I am now 110% convinced they think this shit is cute as fuck.

2 minutes ago, deafening said:

I was finding it hard to believe that Brand New and PMT would intentionally be coy regarding, well, anything.  They're adults with lives; they don't have time to think about toying with fans, much less put it into execution.

I am now 110% convinced they think this shit is cute as fuck.

Who else tells their fans that they're breaking up for good in 1.5-2 years and they make tee-shirts about it...

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

That sounds awful - could probably still flip for at least $100 lol

1 hour ago, Macbethfan said:

If your username is your name (guessing it is), I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your episode of the Encore podcast discussing this record. Gave me some reflection on the record that I previously overlooked. 

Thanks for listening - appreciate it