PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

13 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Nothing from Creep Records, shot em' an email to see if they even got their  copies but haven't heard anything back. Kinda  my fault for pre-ordering a moderately hard to find record from a store that regularly posts pictures of bongs/pipes/e-cig juice on their IG.

Yeah, that's where mine is coming from too. No big, I'm sure it'll get here one day.

3 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Order from Urban Outfitters looks to be on back order. This is my first time ordering through them so I’m curious to see what this process will be like. Did someone else say theirs (UO order) had already shipped? 

The process is dreadful. Expect it to be late as they still haven't figured out how to handle POs. You'll get your order, just anticipate waiting. If there is a store near you, you might just be better off buying it in store.

39 minutes ago, impact said:

if anyone wants to trade an indie exclusive for another color, lmk. what's an equal trade, the uo color?

I imagine there will almost definitely be people looking to trade UO for indie. Wish I'd known indie wasn't transparent, I'd have probably just gone for a UO had I known.

58 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I've always loved those marbly opaque colors I guess I'm the only one!

Haven't listened to this yet but I copped an indie version this better live up to the hype!

It's pretty good. I'm not the BN fanboy that a lot of people around here are and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Anyone else's indie copy have a significant repetitive click at the end of Out Of Mana? I looked closely and there's a tiny scribble-scratch right on that outro part with just vocal & guitar. Wondering if pressing defect or a piece of garble got inside the sleeve and did some damage during shipping. 

Also, the vinyl, sound-wise, definitely does not hold up to the dynamics and clarity of the digital album. I know vinyl is inherently limited in these respects, but it's noticeably muddier, much more than pressings of their other albums compared to digital. I even did a vinyl rip (I have a good system for it) and while I usually prefer my rips over the digital tracks, the MP3 V0 album that came with the pre-order sounds much better.  Hoping for better mastering on the band exclusive when that arrives.

14 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

Anyone else's indie copy have a significant repetitive click at the end of Out Of Mana? I looked closely and there's a tiny scribble-scratch right on that outro part with just vocal & guitar. Wondering if pressing defect or a piece of garble got inside the sleeve and did some damage during shipping. 

Also, the vinyl, sound-wise, definitely does not hold up to the dynamics and clarity of the digital album. I know vinyl is inherently limited in these respects, but it's noticeably muddier, much more than pressings of their other albums compared to digital. I even did a vinyl rip (I have a good system for it) and while I usually prefer my rips over the digital tracks, the MP3 V0 album that came with the pre-order sounds much better.  Hoping for better mastering on the band exclusive when that arrives.

That last part is extremely disappointing. Haven't spun my indie yet.

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

That's too bad, because the 320 really doesn't sound that great, I think. I was hoping a less compressed vinyl master would make it a bit more enjoyable, but your observation seems to state the opposite. Guess I'm going to wait for more reviews concerning the master before I spend money, since I don't need an inferior version of an already not so great sounding album.

I'm also a 100% positive there's not going to be an exclusive vinyl master for another variant. That would be pretty much the first time ever something like that would happen, while also being prohibitively expensive.

1 hour ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

That's too bad, because the 320 really doesn't sound that great, I think. I was hoping a less compressed vinyl master would make it a bit more enjoyable, but your observation seems to state the opposite. Guess I'm going to wait for more reviews concerning the master before I spend money, since I don't need an inferior version of an already not so great sounding album.

I'm also a 100% positive there's not going to be an exclusive vinyl master for another variant. That would be pretty much the first time ever something like that would happen, while also being prohibitively expensive.

Radiohead did it twice. But you're right lol

2 hours ago, Bu$hleaguer said:

I’m still miffed that I bought it from procrastinate back in August and the standard version when it seemed like I needed to jump at it because there wouldn’t be variants.  They don’t accept cancellations or exchanges which is tarded and annoying.

Don't be. My indie exclusive has a lot of pops even after a VPI cleaning. Black vinyl sounds the best and dynamic. Im gonna get a black copy as well

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Damn, I thought this album was mixed/mastered well :D

I'm not saying it's not! But there's definite room for improvements in terms of dynamics, especially on the louder songs, and I was hoping that a quality vinyl master would tickle just a little bit more out of the source material. I don't think the digital version is unlistenable by any means. It's good!