PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

It's so perfect that VC can't stand that song because it's boring. After finally listening to Science Fiction I'm really confused why it's getting so much love given the fact that it's so long and less immediately gratifying than I'd think a VC member could handle haha.

I think it lived up to the hype can't wait for my copy to see what everyone's complaining about.

45 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

You don’t understand the love it’s getting, but think it lived up to the hype?

He's saying he likes it but is surprised the VC demographic had the attention span to appreciate it

2 hours ago, TheEdge said:

I haven't received anything yet. I just shot PMT Customer Service an email asking for a status update.  It's pretty frustrating.  I still kind of regret dropping a lot of money on the package not knowing what it is going to include.

It would have been nice to receive it by the release date or at least within a day or two of it.

Here is the reply I got from them :(...

"Hello, the Science Fiction album you purchased is still on pre-order.

If you ordered the album on CD, all orders have been shipped unless you also purchased vinyl or a shirt in the same order.

There has been a factory delay in vinyl production, but we're expecting to start shipping standard vinyl orders in the next week.

You will receive tracking information via email when your order ships. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are unable to inform you of the exact day that any order will ship. We're shipping out orders as soon as we have the product.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience."

8 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I hope the deluxe doesn’t show up for another couple months just so I can keep watching you all squirm.

The flippers are getting impatient, their starting to wonder if the flip bait was worth the investment. I'm starting to wonder how quick these are all gonna be put up on ebay/discogs for $200+ 

16 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

The flippers are getting impatient, their starting to wonder if the flip bait was worth the investment. I'm starting to wonder how quick these are all gonna be put up on ebay/discogs for $200+ 

"Kids, I don't want to worry you, but Santa might not make it this Christmas. Daddy's 'bonus' has been delayed at the factory."

31 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Considering the numbered cd was going for $400, I don't want to even know what people will shell out for the vinyl.

11 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Considering the numbered cd was going for $400, I don't want to even know what people will shell out for the vinyl.

I feel like a mysterious, announced CD is left-of-center enough to activate the RARE COMMODITY!!! lobe of the Brand New fan brain. I'm not sure if the actual record, even if it's a deluxe limited variant, will reach as high 'panic purchase' wise.

14 hours ago, tape said:

was it too hard to read in the giant 3264x2448 image?

Yes. I was on my phone while driving. And when I say driving, I mean sitting in Southern California traffic. 

:)

5 hours ago, zacooper said:

It's over 100 degrees today in SoCal and my poor Brand New record from UO is just sitting in the sun on my porch baking right now. Hope it's not too warped by the time I make it home.

Yeah dude this heat sucks. It was 90 degrees at 6:30 am yesterday. 

43 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Yes. I was on my phone while driving. And when I say driving, I mean sitting in Southern California traffic. 

:)

Yeah dude this heat sucks. It was 90 degrees at 6:30 am yesterday. 

Luckily you've got a president who fights climate change with full force.

7 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

I come to the thread every so often thinking surely SOMEONE has picked up the black pressing of this and has commented on sound quality...yet nothing. Nada. 

Hold on, records come in black? This I gotta see.