PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

8 minutes ago, helsabot said:

I agree ,that's why I'm not judging: I simply can't because like you wrote I've never been in a similar situation: none of us knows exactly what happened and how. 

What Lacey did IS WRONG and I want it to be clear. Nonetheless, I don't think we can consider the girls involved such as children who are offered a candy outside the school. 

Besides, let's also try to see the story from Lacey perspective: a young adult in his 20s you suddenly became famous and had hundreds of girls ready to do anything for him..He was young and stupid and probably didn't even realized he could have hurt someone. 

Then maybe he should have picked girls in their 20s who were willing to do anything without being forced or manipulated. 

5 hours ago, deafening said:

It doesn't matter how long "rock stars" have been doing this and no one is trying to give the death sentence. It's still not. okay. 

You are right, it's NOT ok, but it happened and keeps happening, we can't act like this totally came out of the blue. If we start trashing Brand New (or old...) records because of it, we should be coherent and investigate our idols past to see what vinyl we can keep on the shelves.

kinda unrelated to this particular case because of like.. solid proof,but there has to be some middle ground where victims feel safe and people accused know that there is justice and they wont get their lives ruined because of rumors.  Its hard on their wives, children and relatives and its easy to claim they shouldn't have done this in the first place but the truth is, its the mobs who hurt and persecute them all. I dont have a solution for that 2nd part though.. if everyone shut up and just let the court decide, it would still shame the relatives but hey.. its just a discussion. 

For whoever is pissed at the reddit super detective, I have not read the thread so i dont  know how its handled but i can imagine it being very one sided.. anyway, Questioning whatever seems like the truth should not be considered disrespectful if its well done however i can see how even the most respectful investigation can feel hurtful to someone who had to find the courage to speak up. Not defending people of false allegations is not the solution to this though.

Psst hey guys he did it you don't need to come up with new systems of justice to support both the accused and the accuser. Just sayin'.

When is the last time a CELEBRITY ROCK STAR got falsely accused and sent to jail without the truth coming out... I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Kristopher said:

ya'll be griping about Jesse while some dude is over on ebay flipping Britney records for $140 a pop....AND HE'S SOLD OVER 30 OF 'EM!!!  Who's the real criminal here??

And to that point, did ya'll realize VC still has other active threads?  Word.

Still Jesse

2 hours ago, Kristopher said:

ya'll be griping about Jesse while some dude is over on ebay flipping Britney records for $140 a pop....AND HE'S SOLD OVER 30 OF 'EM!!!  Who's the real criminal here??

And who are you?

Holy shit...Im jealous. Get money.

Wow I had no idea they went for that much.

why cant there be a new thread started for just vinyl updates (and kept on track) and move this one to EE so the discussion can continue? 

im sure plenty of people would love to not have to sift through 15 pages in 2 days just to get some sort of update on where their vinyl is. isnt this a vinyl forum after all?   @Shitty Rambo @jhulud

Edited by tokimedo

3 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

why cant there be a new thread started for just vinyl updates (and kept on track) and move this one to EE so the discussion can continue? 

im sure plenty of people would love to not have to sift through 15 pages in 2 days just to get some sort of update on where their vinyl is. isnt this a vinyl forum after all?   @Shitty Rambo @jhulud

Don't spoil this... besides these atrocities will be embedded in the very grooves of SciFi

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

2 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

This. While this topic is one that deserves attention and should be discussed, take it somewhere else. Everyone is going to have their opinion. This is going to go nowhere.  

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Heaven forbid we don't get to know when every single persons order ships. 

I want everyone to post their tracking numbers so I can follow the excitement in real time.

Everyone complaining: is this your first Brand New thread? We haven't even gotten to the Cat/Shaq stage in its life cycle. This cocoon will yield a beautiful butterfly.