PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

54 minutes ago, jonnystorm777 said:

Can someone fill me in on what is going on with the pre-order? 

I think Procrastinate said they would begin shipping the middle of this month.  If we don't hear anything by Friday via email, I'm assuming we are all probably out of the $50 or so we all paid.

Edited by TheEdge
typo

32 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

I think Procrastinate said they would begin shipping the middle of this month.  If we don't hear anything by Friday via email, I'm assuming we are all probably out of the $50 or so we all paid.

We would not be out the $50+ that we paid. They would be required to refund our purchase and those who used paypal I believe are protected for 90 days from the sale date.  At this point im sure most if not all of the Limited Editions have been manufactured. I don't see them not shipping them to the customers once they receive them from the warehouse at this point.

8 minutes ago, Dashhax said:

We would not be out the $50+ that we paid. They would be required to refund our purchase and those who used paypal I believe are protected for 90 days from the sale date.  At this point im sure most if not all of the Limited Editions have been manufactured. I don't see them not shipping them to the customers once they receive them from the warehouse at this point.

Might even be 180 days...but don't quote me. 

Just now, TheEdge said:

That sucks.  I might have to just buy another version until that one arrives.  I'm going to email Procrastinate and ask for an update. 

I am pretty sure someone posted something a few pages back. They are expecting to receive them next week, so orders will likely ship after Thanksgiving if that actually happens. 

13 minutes ago, pmlevine said:

I am pretty sure someone posted something a few pages back. They are expecting to receive them next week, so orders will likely ship after Thanksgiving if that actually happens. 

Thanks.  I skimmed back a few pages but since this topic is no longer about the release it's kind of hard to find any useful information about it.

I was at The Bomb Factory show that they played. Jesse seemed to be in really good spirits and said that they were still going to play some more shows after the European tour.  I always hear people telling stories about "I was at that band's last show" and now I find myself wondering if that will be the last show they ever play. Seems pretty likely to me.

If anyone's curious the show itself was quite good but the venue was horrible. Overpacked and people were literally either talking through the quiet parts all around me or screaming so loud during the songs/singing along that I could barely hear the band. The SF songs were the most enjoyable because people didn't know the words. That venue has terrible sound though. It also seemed pointless to have three guitars on stage and just muddied the sound. Worst time I've seen them for sure.

Did anybody else actually hear these rumors before? I had always heard the Johnny Craig stuff, that was constantly posted online, but I never saw anything about Jesse honestly. I can't say it's surprising, he always seemed kind of.... idk, dark? Not a great descriptor but I struggle for the right word. Even before this news broke, there was always something aggressive about his writing persona, even on YFW. He seemed like an artist I would've been afraid to meet, intimidating. Like many here I considered Brand New's catalog to be one of the best in modern music so this is a pretty terrible way to end it. I imagine this thread has been a real rollercoaster across 100 pages.

Edited by jaedong

56 minutes ago, jaedong said:

If anyone's curious the show itself was quite good but the venue was horrible. Overpacked and people were literally either talking through the quiet parts all around me or screaming so loud during the songs/singing along that I could barely hear the band.

I had a couple make out next to and in front of me the entire set, no exaggeration, and inch their way into my personal space on more than one occasion. I would have been happy with people talking through the quiet in comparison.

I thought it was a great show, though. I didn't have trouble hearing the band at all.

the king gizzard free master release thread has really taken the luster and grandeur away from the previously unsurpassed quality of the last 100 pages found here. lets back to the real issue - when is the VC commune happening to tar and feather Jesse Lacey? I'll humbly supply the pitchforks