PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

Yeah, there is no "blue-black marble tour press".  I believe there's a blue-black marble version (AFS) that's /500, and a tour press from their 2014 run with Modest Mouse, that's on translucent blue – no marble – /400.  That one goes for considerably less, though.  Make sure you're not getting ripped off.

11 hours ago, zuck said:

So now if/when you listen to Brand New, do you turn the volume down if someone is within earshot?

Only if you let someone else's opinion dictate your musical tastes. Or if you can't separate what someone did on their own and what they contributed to a band with 3 others.

Edited by Daiei

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I wonder how many people brought up the fact that there are more members of the band than Jesse contributing to how good Science Fiction was before a week ago. Or even thought of their existence before using it as some sort of coping tool after the fact. :P

John Lennon beat his ex-wife. Fuck The Beatles.

Jimmy Page had an underage girlfriend. Fuck Led Zeppelin.

Keith Moon killed someone. Fuck The Who.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:08 PM, jaedong said:

I was at The Bomb Factory show that they played. Jesse seemed to be in really good spirits and said that they were still going to play some more shows after the European tour.  I always hear people telling stories about "I was at that band's last show" and now I find myself wondering if that will be the last show they ever play. Seems pretty likely to me.

If anyone's curious the show itself was quite good but the venue was horrible. Overpacked and people were literally either talking through the quiet parts all around me or screaming so loud during the songs/singing along that I could barely hear the band. The SF songs were the most enjoyable because people didn't know the words. That venue has terrible sound though. It also seemed pointless to have three guitars on stage and just muddied the sound. Worst time I've seen them for sure.

Did anybody else actually hear these rumors before? I had always heard the Johnny Craig stuff, that was constantly posted online, but I never saw anything about Jesse honestly. I can't say it's surprising, he always seemed kind of.... idk, dark? Not a great descriptor but I struggle for the right word. Even before this news broke, there was always something aggressive about his writing persona, even on YFW. He seemed like an artist I would've been afraid to meet, intimidating. Like many here I considered Brand New's catalog to be one of the best in modern music so this is a pretty terrible way to end it. I imagine this thread has been a real rollercoaster across 100 pages.

you must have been in the general standing area, eh? because the sound was great up in the balcony.

5 hours ago, Daiei said:

John Lennon beat his ex-wife. Fuck The Beatles.

Jimmy Page had an underage girlfriend. Fuck Led Zeppelin.

Keith Moon killed someone. Fuck The Who.

John Lennon almost beat a man to death because he thought he was hitting on him. His manager pulled him off the guy, dude was in intensive care for awhile, and the manager paid him to keep quiet.

He beat more women than just his ex wife.

Also, yeah...fuck all of those bands.

4 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Jesus... Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I have to re-evaluate my entire life now.

I heard early one morning while making the rounds, he took a shot of cocaine and shot his woman down.