PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

4 hours ago, rooks said:

the most scintillating part of the record release cycle.

ryantark: has it in hand with nice pics

njpunk: no ship - no ship - no ship - still no ship send email to pmt -  shipping email!

yesplease: no ship

theedge: in hand - not impressed.

sillybarry: received! MATRIX INFO

s_r0d: shipping email!

kess: extremely upset. brand new may have just lost him, a longtime superfan.

fowty dollars: shipping email!

figgypud: no ship - shleby shipping email - official shipping email

arcjesseh: shipping email! received same day!!!

stl_ben: already on ebay

jhulud: expecting delivery today!!

danmpie: shipping info says thursday delivery!!

rooks: shipped

trainsaw: donated his to voyager 3 so aliens assume there is no intelligent life on earth

lethalenforcer: freezing his dried roses to seal in the flavor

keep this updated guys, don't want to lose track of anyone.

I had no exclamation points after Thursday. Now I look like an even bigger dweeb.

36 minutes ago, balius said:

Mine is here a day early. That outer envelope definitely got a bit fucked up during shipping. Record sounds nice though. Side D is just about done spinning. Can confirm several bonus tracks.

Missing the downvote. Hard to express how dumb I think you are in words. 

So my only question is are there actually hidden tracks on the Limited version? The back has a bunch of text that makes it seem like it. While the second paragaph sounds like nonsense the first one says

"To play this album each listener should refer to The Manual, the four hundred eighteen page text which was transmitted to them after the initial contact. While the base stereo audio tracks should easily be heard through any modern playback device, I.E. analogue tape, Digital Audio Tape, vinyl disc, compact disc, etc. - all underlying audio,and the connected subtext and meaning of these tracks will only be available to listener who are in possession of this specific version of this disc, and then only to those with access to The Manual, and who have read and understand The Manual, and who implement the techniques described. Also, all Key Holders will be able to unlock latent and suppressed "audio" as well as interpretations without interference of the superficial audio from the listed tracks."

Sooooo anyone got a 418 page PDF or something in their spam inbox? 

it's just cultish nonsense mumbo jumbo for aesthetics.

there's nothing under the labels, there's no secret hidden tracks when you play it at 45, or backwards. there's no extra cd coming in the mail if you mail 1 dollar to the right address with the password that shows you understood "the manual"... it's just rose petals and the album.

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

it's just cultish nonsense mumbo jumbo for aesthetics.

there's nothing under the labels, there's no secret hidden tracks when you play it at 45, or backwards. there's no extra cd coming in the mail if you mail 1 dollar to the right address with the password that shows you understood "the manual"... it's just rose petals and the album.

Buzzkill much? Maybe I was looking for a new cult to join. The last one I was in drank too much apple juice.

Edited by MCDELTAT

Maybe Brand New share the same perspective as many of the great hermeneutical scholars who argued that there is no 'replication'; every time we return to a work, having experienced life and expanded our horizons in the meantime, we do so with a new version of ourselves which must produce a new reading and, therefore, a new meaning. When we listen to Science Fiction after having had our subjectivity altered by the fragrance of the potpourri, the tactile congruence of the crunchwrap cover, and the comforting heft of the 2 pound tub of root beer barrels, we are effectively hearing 12 brand new Brand New songs.

While it would be better just to accept that everything is just typical cryptic Brand New stuff, I will say there is one piece of information that might actually come into play eventually...the fact that when the limited vinyl dropped it had that June 5th date attached to it. I'm not saying anything will happen on that date, but it is probably at least the terminus of which any hope for something else in this package coming can be snuffed out for good. 

22 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Mine came with a nice hole in the sleeve not from shipping it seems. Emailed for a replacement and I guess we’ll see....

"Thats just how yours is completely unique. No refunds. No replacements."

Edit: or it's identifies you as one of the chosen ones.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

On 8/15/2017 at 12:09 PM, davepriz said:

This is sketchy

On 8/15/2017 at 12:25 PM, Kanellos said:

$52 for a blind preorder? No songs. No artwork. No variant details. No thanks.

On 8/15/2017 at 12:17 PM, THE_James_Champ said:

I want a 5th album, but I'm not up for spending $45 on something so limited, we literally have no idea what it is. 

The most spot-on posts, and surprisingly from page 1.