PO - Brand New - Science Fiction

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I like it. One of the first songs I learned to play on drums. It's semi-repetitive yes, but it actually helps a great deal in learning to count beats since there's that long gap and some other super simple rudiments that give it a twinge of nostalgia for me.

My only gripe with that song is that it has the same drum beat as Sic Transit Gloria.

Then again Brand New loves the ol' "boop bap boop boop bap" beat as much as  Coldplay loves that "dat doot doot dat doot doot dat doot" beat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

Well I need to make sure I am doing my part to contribute meaningless nonsense to this thread....

So let me just say that my Indie copy just happend to come out flawless, no pops or crackle on any sides.

I did a crappy direct capture from the end of the song as unecessary proof. 1m long.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Yqv7wTIt4r

Also, good reminder to get some help here on reducing interference in my setup, I get a quiet buzz 24/7, thinking its something with the ground on the pre-amp?

Of course talking about sound quality and pressing qc is the most meaningless nonsense in this thread...

14 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Spinning my indie copy and there's a loud tic across every rotation during the beautiful part at the end of Out of Mana

God damnit. 

Same here. Thought it was damaged from a piece of dirt in there while shipping, but guess not. What's weird is if you look closely it looks like a scribble like it was scratched on purpose. I don't know how this wasn't caught by quality control.

Just posted on their facebook

Hello and thank you for your patience. Below is an update regarding physical orders of Brand New’s Science Fiction.

Standard vinyl pre-orders have been shipping out to customers with more shipping every day until all copies are delivered.

The Limited vinyl unit is facing an unfortunate brief delay from our pressing plant, but we expect to be able to ship orders to all customers by mid-November.

If you pre-ordered the CD without a Science Fiction vinyl or shirt, your order has been shipped. If you did not receive yours, feel free to contact [email protected] at your earliest convenience (US only).

Science Fiction shirts are shipping in the next 2 weeks.

Regarding the vinyl release in Australia and UK/Europe: Standard vinyl will be shipping in mid-November.

Thank you for sticking with us as we work to get all orders out as quickly as possible.

3 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

Just posted on their facebook

Hello and thank you for your patience. Below is an update regarding physical orders of Brand New’s Science Fiction.

Standard vinyl pre-orders have been shipping out to customers with more shipping every day until all copies are delivered.

The Limited vinyl unit is facing an unfortunate brief delay from our pressing plant, but we expect to be able to ship orders to all customers by mid-November.

If you pre-ordered the CD without a Science Fiction vinyl or shirt, your order has been shipped. If you did not receive yours, feel free to contact [email protected] at your earliest convenience (US only).

Science Fiction shirts are shipping in the next 2 weeks.

Regarding the vinyl release in Australia and UK/Europe: Standard vinyl will be shipping in mid-November.

Thank you for sticking with us as we work to get all orders out as quickly as possible.

Should we start taking bets on how long the next delay will be?

9 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

Should we start taking bets on how long the next delay will be?

well it says brief, so i would imagine I have it by mid-December.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  I'm not going to complain since I've had the mp3s for over two months now.  But I feel bad for anyone who is holding out to hear the album on wax for the first time.  And I guess the limited edition is now confirmed to be a different variant so at least we have that clarification.