Jump to content

PO - Brand New - Science Fiction


Recommended Posts

20 minutes into this stream [quality aside] the songwriting here is just uninspired. The singles were bad and this is also bad. Very disappointed but I cant say I'm surprised. They peaked in 2006 and here we are 11 years later hoping they will repeat that same musical genius. Just sad to me that music this bad is getting this much hype

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

B&N exclusive on Silver/Gold

Words cannot describe how fucking slighted I feel and how angry I am.   What a fucking shitty move. This band may have just lost me, a long time superfan. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, The Real Nick Alt said:

20 minutes into this stream [quality aside] the songwriting here is just uninspired. The singles were bad and this is also bad. Very disappointed but I cant say I'm surprised. They peaked in 2006 and here we are 11 years later hoping they will repeat that same musical genius. Just sad to me that music this bad is getting this much hype

 

This doesn't sound like something The REAL Nick Alt would say... how do we know you're not the fake?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, njpunkmusic said:

my order was not VERY limited, just Limited and I got the package today

Yeah, a part of me is feeling like they *only* sold the first 500 copies (very limited, deluxe? including this CD?) during the PO period the other day. Which is why only the /lp5 page made any mention of a 5,000 limit. And I imagine it'll take them a while to send out all 500 CD's since it's a small operation over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I got the PMT tweet notification as soon as it was posted and I started the process, had to wrestle with the site a bit so approximately 5 minutes within it launching.

Mine wasn't until after the first batch of crashing so I wonder if that was too late. Got my order placed at around 11:25 CT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rooks said:

Guys, I totally made up my receipt saying "Very Limited" come on now, I know Brand New Brain is contagious but let's be real ;)

That shit spread over to r/brandnew and I was cracking up. People talking about "limited", "very limited" "very very limited deluxe".  Really glad the CD finally got ripped so I don't have to wade through any of that shit anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rooks said:

Guys, I totally made up my receipt saying "Very Limited" come on now, I know Brand New Brain is contagious but let's be real ;)

and this particular pre-order was for 5,000 and not 500 (or some other much more reasonable number) and the album is not dropping until 2018 and NO ONE who ordered second wave is getting a CD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening "scene" or whatever you want to call it is pretty cool and the first track is great. Second track is more like older BN, which I'm not a huge fan of. On the third track now and it's okay. I'm not blown away yet but maybe after a few listens. I got a good rip too. That Facebook stream was god awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Opening "scene" or whatever you want to call it is pretty cool and the first track is great. Second track is more like older BN, which I'm not a huge fan of. On the third track now and it's okay. I'm not blown away yet but maybe after a few listens. I got a good rip too. That Facebook stream was god awful.

wait till track 5 and onward :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website