PO: Billy Corgan - OGILALA

Just listened to Aeronaut on spotify.  Not bad.  It's just Billy, piano, and strings.  It sounds like it could have come out of the MCIS era.   He hits a few spots in the song where his voice just took me back to years gone by.  Curious to hear some more.

Edited by bungie
spelling. :P

1 minute ago, pepperonigin said:

Really annoyed that the blue vinyl isn't an option with the ticket presales package. Bit the bullet and got the black. 

Same.  I skipped the vinyl for now and just got the CD package to get the lithograph.   Glad I got LA tix though - it's a really cool venue and only holds 150 people. 

Just now, djghost1976 said:

Same.  I skipped the vinyl for now and just got the CD package to get the lithograph.   Glad I got LA tix though - it's a really cool venue and only holds 150 people. 

Yeah this venue in Brooklyn looks really tiny so it should be cool. Looking forward to this. 

First song from the album and he's already using "lover", no surprise there.  Liked it enough to have me looking forward to the album. Preordered vinyl. Wondering if this stuff will sound like that American Gothic EP he put out in 2007, which I thought was pretty good .

29 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

First song from the album and he's already using "lover", no surprise there.  Liked it enough to have me looking forward to the album. Preordered vinyl. Wondering if this stuff will sound like that American Gothic EP he put out in 2007, which I thought was pretty good .

I love American Gothic, but I'm not sure a lot of people do.  It has such a great, early SP vibe to it.

Also, pretty tired of "lover", "yeah", and "come on".  So let's hope those are used sparingly.

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

Pretty sure that's his partner Chloe and son Agustus Juppiter on the album cover. Although I thought he was trying pretty hard to keep his son's face from the public...

In that case, maybe Ogilala was his son's first word. :lol:

Song is decent but I'm not buying a damn thing till I hear this in full. If I get around to it. Truthfully haven't bothered with much Corgan/Pumpkins stuff at all in a long time. Adore was the last thing I really liked. I listened to Machina I and Zeitgeist once or twice each, Oceana once. That's pretty much it.

Billy is playing three nights (two sets a night!) at the tiny Hollywood Forever Masonic Lodge in November.   Tickets aren't cheap .... :

WILLIAM PATRICK CORGAN

in The Masonic Lodge at HF

An intimate evening with William Patrick Corgan as he performs songs from his newest solo album, OGILALA (produced by Rick Rubin), as well as a second set spanning works from his earliest days through The Smashing Pumpkins and beyond.

3 NIGHTS
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2017

Tickets are $79.50 and go
ON SALE FRIDAY at 10AM

hollywoodforever.ticketfly.com

PARKING IS FREE ON SITE