PO: Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What are the roots?  Like alternative country or something?

You could say that; more instrumental/acoustic.

1989 was awful and the attempt of taking a pop song and sprinkling in Kendrick Lamar doesn't work.

Hot take: Speak Now is peak Tswift.

43 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

The cover and title isn't giving me hope that she's dropping the pop sound and returning to the roots.

A few articles are reporting that Billboard confirmed that the new song is straight pop.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

On 8/22/2017 at 9:39 AM, jhulud said:

Too soon to post?

I mean...everyone else does it based on rumors on a new single dropping (on Fri 8/25) and cryptic teaser videos posted (all across her social media).

:lol:

----------------------------------------------------

Reputation out on 11/10. First single drops tonight 7/23 at midnight.

21032791_10154975234150369_1493436770276

First single drops in july???

1 hour ago, jact16 said:

First single drops in july???

Assuming the current date (8/23), the fact he used the word "tonight" while making the post today, and the position of the "7" and "8" keys on traditional keyboards... I do think that was probably a typo, my dude.  Reasoning can be hard.

Edited by Derek™

I'm nothing even close to a Taylor Swift fan but does anyone else feel like that single is legitimately bad?  (Dan's post of "booty" is a little vague.  Is that hot?  Or total ass?)  Rhyming time with time.  That cheesy phone bit.  The janky hook of the chorus.  I didn't have my hopes raised or anything, but at least Shake It Off was infectious and memorable on the first listen.

If I had something positive to say at all, it'd be that I respect the different direction.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I'm nothing even close to a Taylor Swift fan but does anyone else feel like that single is legitimately bad?  (Dan's post of "booty" is a little vague.  Is that hot?  Or total ass?)  Rhyming time with time.  That cheesy phone bit.  The janky hook of the chorus.  I didn't have my hopes raised or anything, but at least Shake It Off was infectious and memorable on the first listen.

If I had something positive to say at all, it'd be that I respect the different direction.

It's real bad.