PO: Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

I asked in the RSD thread as well but just to cover my bases I figured I'd ask here too. If anyone knows any record stores, in store or online, still sitting on copies of the colored 1989, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I regret not picking that one up on Record Store Day and found the other two for a decent price. 

EDIT - Found one!

Edited by aju2streets

On 4/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, nardes said:

I picked up S/T, Fearless, and 1989 last weekend, and they all sound great. 

By "great," do you mean "much better than the current non-colored presses, which sound like hot garbage"? 

Or are you just saying "great" like, "It's on vinyl, so it's great!!"

Honestly, I sold my 1989 RSD when the prices got stupid because, as multiple people pointed out, TS vinyl is notorious for being poorly mastered. Basically the CD, but noisier. 

8 hours ago, filthyrich said:

By "great," do you mean "much better than the current non-colored presses, which sound like hot garbage"? 

Or are you just saying "great" like, "It's on vinyl, so it's great!!"

Honestly, I sold my 1989 RSD when the prices got stupid because, as multiple people pointed out, TS vinyl is notorious for being poorly mastered. Basically the CD, but noisier. 

I think they legit sound really good. I have the US and EU original pressings of 1989, and I'd compare it to the EU pressing, which  sounds much better than the US pressing. I always tweak my sound a little bit on my amp for my liking, but I didn't have to do much and I thought it had good depth and sounded clear

7 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Going back to the album in the header, Reputation is a record I keep going back to. Save 2-3 tracks, its really great. 

Curious what you think those tracks are... CUZ YOU'RE WRONG! Just kidding... I'm just curious due to the album being half with one producer(s) the other with another

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm calling a new single from a greatest hits/singles album. 

She just finished her Big Machine contract. Good time to draw a line before the next thing starts. Its possible its a new record, but it would be quick and out of cycle for her. 

Edited by timsimmons

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

I'm calling a new single from a greatest hits/singles album. 

She just finished her Big Machine contract. Good time to draw a line before the next thing starts. Its possible its a new record, but it would be quick and out of cycle for her. 

You could absolutely be right, but with the amount of hype this feels bigger than a hits comp to me.

It's been two years since Reputation - I wouldn't be surprised if she had an album ready to roll right when the new deal was signed.