PO: Thirty Seconds To Mars - America

Vega

S/T is one of my favorite albums ever and I dug ABL, but man... I just can't get onboard with anything they've done since.

Most has felt like pretentious wannabe-U2 anthemic stuff generated by a paint-by-numbers song robot. But I also feel guilty saying that because I know Jared Leto is a damn good guy.

This new one sounds just like a certain song that I can't pinpoint... it'll come to me...

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

S/T is one of my favorite albums ever and I dug ABL, but man... I just can't get onboard with anything they've done since.

Most has felt like pretentious wannabe-U2 anthemic stuff generated by a paint-by-numbers song robot. But I also feel guilty saying that because I know Jared Leto is a damn good guy.

This new one sounds just like a certain song that I can't pinpoint... it'll come to me...

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons? Fucking hate that song...

• 5 months later...

I’ve wanted to continue to support 30StM since I got into them after hearin’ a demo of “Bhudda For Mary” on some ol’ Epic/Interscope promo CD and fell in love. The debut album is fantastic, ABL was strong, but they started their downhill slide with the second album. And things just continue to get worse. I like parts of “Walk On Water,” but overall it’s pretty bad.

...and to think I saw them like seven or eight times in support of their first album, and Jared Leto even began to recognize me at their shows...

Have to say I agree with everyone here about this sound. Never listened to one song off the last album, so not sure how much of a departure the singles are from even that. Loved s/t, ABL and actually enjoyed alot of This Is War. I'm a sucker for a good drummer and real instrumentals. Shannon is such a talented guy with a great groove, it really upsets me when bands shift so much sonically and essentially remove a band member from any real contribution creatively (see also Linkin Parks later work). RIP 30STM

Official Cover Art for the cassette :lol:

30STM_-_New_Cassette_large.jpg?v=1521675

https://shop.thirtysecondstomars.com/

Tracklist:

1. Walk On Water
2. Dangerous Night
3. Rescue Me
4. One Track Mind (ft. A$AP Rocky)
5. Monolith
6. Love Is Madness (ft. Halsey)
7. Great Wide Open
8. Hail To The Victor
9. Dawn Will Rise
10. Remedy
11. Live Like A Dream
12. Rider
Edited by Vega

8 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

this says enough about the state of popular alt rock acts these days... and for reference, I really like A$AP Rocky

Yeah, but they have not been alt rock since 2013 imo, the moment they completely buried shannons drums under a layer of drum machines and clipped samples and didn't really bother arranging the songs for the guitar on llf+d they became pretty much straight pop to me, so the new two features actually don't surprise me

Can't believe this is the same band I saw open up for Sevendust. I watched a snippet of them playing "Walk On Water" in a (half-empty) arena last night and couldn't believe how bad and corny it all came across. The audience was an almost-even mix of teen girls and moms. And something tells me the moms came on their own.

I legitimately wish they would have tried one more album in the vein of their debut and then disbanded.

9 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Can't believe this is the same band I saw open up for Sevendust. I watched a snippet of them playing "Walk On Water" in a (half-empty) arena last night and couldn't believe how bad and corny it all came across. The audience was an almost-even mix of teen girls and moms. And something tells me the moms came on their own.

I legitimately wish they would have tried one more album in the vein of their debut and then disbanded.

Jared Leto = white Kanye