U-Turn Audio - Orbit Plus Deathwish

Yesterday I got an email about Deathwish’s back to school sale and ended up buying the U-Turn Orbit Plus turntable from them. 

I’ve heard good things but does anyone have this turntable and how does it perform for the price? 

Also so got a free record - Converge ‘All we Love we Leave Behind’ for it for $325 shipped. 

Edited by thetrackt

My Orbit is awesome.

My only complaint is the manual switch between 33 and 45. But it's more of a user error thing than design flaw per se, just because I haven't mastered the right way to do it (I can get the belt from 33 to 45 no problem, but can never go back to 33 from 45 without having to do a full reset of the belt). I would prefer automatic switching between the two speeds, but it's a minor annoyance.

Of course, I tricked mine out with a cue lever, built in preamp, acrylic platter, cork mat, and a Grado Blue cart (which they appear to no longer sell), so I was way off the base price. Still was around $500-not terrible for an entry level higher-end turntable.

Still, the base level version appears to be a steal for a high quality item.

Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

Love my Orbit! Actually looking to sell mine to upgrade to the walnut plinth. I'll be posting here soon, but let me know if you're interested. Here's some specs:

• Brand new motor
  •  Black platter
  • Green Plinth
  • Grado Black 1 cartridge, cleaned and works great (better cartridge than what is included with the Plus)

It's a $230 value, but I wont ask for more than $200 (have to look into pricing for used Orbits)