U2 - Songs of Experience

On 11/3/2017 at 12:16 AM, Vega said:

Jpc just increased their price for the box from 49 to 87 euros, curious to see if they'll cancel the cheaper orders.. they've done that before sadly when i ordered stuff early for cheaper prices

Still no cancellation yet, so fingers crossed they hold true with the cheaper price. I would say if they were gonna cancel they would have already.

Really enjoying Get Out of Your Own Way and The Blackout.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, colbourne25 said:

Leaked.

Holy wow! This is easily their best album this millenium! Album just flows really well and is back to some of their best work both lyrically and musically.

I'm waiting until Friday to sit down with the vinyl and give it a proper first listen.  I've been spinning The Blackout non-stop though.  I really like the released songs so far.

11 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Leaked.

Holy wow! This is easily their best album this millenium! Album just flows really well and is back to some of their best work both lyrically and musically.

Try best since Achtung Baby! This is incredible.

10 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I'm waiting until Friday to sit down with the vinyl and give it a proper first listen.  I've been spinning The Blackout non-stop though.  I really like the released songs so far.

You'll be very happy - the singles are the worst songs on the record. No joke.

14 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I'm waiting until Friday to sit down with the vinyl and give it a proper first listen. 

Totally doing this as well-my local shop is gonna hold a copy for me and I'm buzzing right over after work to grab it. Might even head over on my lunch break if time allows it.

That said, based on the singles released thus far, the feedback from you guys on here, and early reviews, I am fucking hyped for this album, in a way that I haven't been hyped for an album in quite some time. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

4 hours ago, dan_smee said:

Try best since Achtung Baby! This is incredible.

You'll be very happy - the singles are the worst songs on the record. No joke.

If this is even remotely true-and I have no real reason to doubt it-then we have to be talking about an album of the year contender, in a year where there were quite a few easy album of the year contenders (for me personally, Steven Wilson and St. Vincent immediately come to mind, and I know there are more). If this album is truly the best since Achtung Baby, then we're also looking at a top 5 all time U2 album, easily. I really an excited to hear it.

I am also really  and legitimately excited to hear Adam Scott Aukerman's take on it, as when they slow down the jokes and get to the brass tacks of analyzing the records, they have a very earnest and passionate fan take on it. Should make for a really solid episode 24 when it does drop (resisting all the obvious jokes here :lol:).

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

You clearly don't love films.

U Talkin' U2 to Me?

I figured this had something to do with that.  I just finished the "No Line on the Horizon" ep this morning.  I read that as EP, now I get that it was supposed to be Ep.  I guess I wasn't good at identifying the "Twos Clues"

Edited by YouTwo