Zack Gontard arrested for third degree murder

20 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Saw this on Punknews. I'm assuming the heroin wasn't cut with fentanyl and the victim used both on his own accord. It's kinda weird he'd get a third degree murder charge. Wouldn't Involuntary Manslaughter  be more fitting?

Yeah, if they're charging him with any murder charge they have to prove premeditation, meaning he would have had to cut it with fentanyl with the express intent to kill this kid, right? Pretty hard to prove.

56 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

House boat, off with their heads, and dear landlord are all pretty similar. They sound like No Idea Records type bands. 

Meh.

You're right though, I listened to a little bit of the song Satan posted. Not really my thing, which explains why I didn't recognize any of those bands.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, if they're charging him with any murder charge they have to prove premeditation, meaning he would have had to cut it with fentanyl with the express intent to kill this kid, right? Pretty hard to prove.

Someone pointed out to me on another platform that if it's a felony charge it's considered murder, if it's a misdemeanor then it's manslaughter. Not sure how true that is, but that could be the case.

2 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Someone pointed out to me on another platform that if it's a felony charge it's considered murder, if it's a misdemeanor than it's manslaughter. Not sure how true that is, but that could be the case.

Yeah, I was just looking into it and apparently voluntary manslaughter and third-degree murder are for all intents and purposes the same thing, but they still have to prove that it was intentional to get that charge to stick apparently.

edit: Some states still require proof of "malice aforethought" in third-degree murder cases though.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Saw this on Punknews. I'm assuming the heroin wasn't cut with fentanyl and the victim used both on his own accord. It's kinda weird he'd get a third degree murder charge. Wouldn't Involuntary Manslaughter  be more fitting?

I read somewhere that it was cut with fentanyl...

58 minutes ago, Satan said:

I read somewhere that it was cut with fentanyl...

I've seen people saying that Gontard was running shit, not dealing it. If that's the case they'll probably cut him a deal if he rats out the dealer. He might as well, being a snitch isn't nearly as bad as going to prison for 25 years.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I've seen people saying that Gontard was running shit, not dealing it. If that's the case they'll probably cut him a deal if he rats out the dealer. He might as well, being a snitch isn't nearly as bad as going to prison for 25 years.

Well, until that dealer's friend comes over and kills you. I don't think they have enough to put him away for the third-degree.

Also this:

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

fuck this dude

4 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

A commenter posted this on the Punknews site

9db2008f0795128ba616cdae1ceca7bf76295965

Link here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.195

Edited by GradedOnACurve