Zack Gontard arrested for third degree murder

8 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Saw this on Punknews. I'm assuming the heroin wasn't cut with fentanyl and the victim used both on his own accord. It's kinda weird he'd get a third degree murder charge. Wouldn't Involuntary Manslaughter  be more fitting?

Nobody goes and mixes it with fentanyl on purpose; dealers do that shit so addicts come to them instead because their shit felt more intense. Anyone dealing drugs laced with poison needs to get the book thrown at them.

On 9/1/2017 at 0:56 AM, Sunshine said:

Nobody goes and mixes it with fentanyl on purpose; dealers do that shit so addicts come to them instead because their shit felt more intense. Anyone dealing drugs laced with poison needs to get the book thrown at them.

Yup, this. Fuck scumbags like this guy.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:56 PM, Sunshine said:

As far as I knew it wasn't specified as to whether it was cut beforehand or if the victim used both on his own accord. I genuinely don't know what the details were and I'm not implying anything.

Also one could argue that it's an individual's choice to use or not. Black markets are full of shady pieces of shit, however this guy voluntarily used an extremely dangerous substance. Throwing the book at this dealer doesn't make the idea of using heroin in the first place any less stupid.

Let's not stigmatize drug addiction or drug users. It's not like people start using heroin because shit is going well with their lives.

Legailize/regulate that shit so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Prioritize treatment, not punishment.

23 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Well yeah but regular heroin is harmless compared to fentanyl.

Seriously

Edit: legalize is the wrong word. Decriminalize possession is more what I mean. It's a seriously tricky gray area, but treating addicts like criminals makes things worse

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

In addition to decriminalizing heroin possession there is a lot that can be done to stop prescribing addictive narcotic drugs as the primary pain treatment care. 

My dad is a recovered addict (he broke his back 15years ago...and again last year...I don't know how he's still alive and not paralyzed) because his doctors all pushed opiates. Now he (rightfully) refuses, despite being in constant pain. 

All he wants is a medical marijuana prescription, but his insurance is through the VA so they can't give him one. It's some bullshit. I know a few people his age that use hash oil for chronic pain and they're all stoked not to be on fucking oxy and shit.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My dad is a recovered addict (he broke his back 15years ago...and again last year...I don't know how he's still alive and not paralyzed) because his doctors all pushed opiates. Now he (rightfully) refuses, despite being in constant pain. 

All he wants is a medical marijuana prescription, but his insurance is through the VA so they can't give him one. It's some bullshit. I know a few people his age that use hash oil for chronic pain and they're all stoked not to be on fucking oxy and shit.

That is a shitty situation especially since there is such an easy solution. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

Someone pointed out to me on another platform that if it's a felony charge it's considered murder, if it's a misdemeanor then it's manslaughter. Not sure how true that is, but that could be the case.

In most states, there's a charge called felony murder, which is often codified as 2nd degree, like in Missouri, or 3rd Degree (apparently in Minnesota.)

The classic example is if you're robbing a convenience store and someone dies of a heart attack, you're liable for that death.

If someone dies during the commission of your felony, it's felony murder.