• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, mrewest said:

Just grabbed a Ranges cassette for $4.25 shipped because why not.

Gumbo, do you know what the different numbers are for these?  I snagged “III”.  

They all have different music!  The one you got has all songs that are 3 minutes long.  It's ambient/down-tempo kind of stuff!  This is my night-time sleep music.  Very much enjoy it! 

On 4/13/2019 at 8:49 PM, The Butcha said:

Gumbo, do you work for A1KA?

Negative, they're just friends of mine and CJ does the legwork booking our Dunk AirBNB's so I want to help carry the weight somehow.  Plus maybe all this revenue will eventually help see to some albums I like get physically released :P  

On 4/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, drds89 said:

The sale prices on A1KA items of 30% + the additional 15% = approaching  "stupid crazy"

You get the idea! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Holy BIG SALE batman!!!  A couple things to post about. 

First off, BIG SALE starting tomorrow.  78349138_2820069058038119_20264112171652

A lot of new releases to talk about, as well:
Ranges - Babel 2nd pressing (looks badass)78175529_2657536254338574_79389047807121
TRNA - Earthcult 2nd pressing (limited to 20 copies from A1KA - you better hurry)

76781371_2950727038271449_53715511857591

TORZ - Tukor (on Golden Antenna, distributed by A1KA in NA)image_d17596cc-baec-4648-b4bf-2a50c356bf

Next, if you bought the Ranges - Babel /33 deluxe edition, there is a special marketplace for the Gemini coin that came with the release.  That can be found at www.godsofthemarketplace.com   Not sure what exactly it entails, but it seems there is a new Ascensionist-inspired shirt.  If you got a Deluxe edition, it seems you will get an email about the password.  I think.  78671739_2659525344139665_86785572778981
Lastly, there is a new Facebook group for A Thousand Arms music where you can get exclusive deals and early information about releases pertaining to them and their affiliates (ie: Dunk! Records).  Facebook is currently down so that link will be supplied later. 

Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!!!

LASTLY, if you are on Facebook - join the new group! 

• 1 month later...

So, they've done it again.  Ranges have another cassette out, V, and this is already almost sold out.  I love these releases, it's nice atmospheric ambience with piano and guitars and sometimes full band stuff, it's great.  They're cheap and move fast.

Also..... if anybody got a deluxe version of "Babel", check your mailbox because you have something special on it's way to you.....

https://athousandarms.store/collections/ranges/products/ranges-cassette

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

So, they've done it again.  Ranges have another cassette out, V, and this is already almost sold out.  I love these releases, it's nice atmospheric ambience with piano and guitars and sometimes full band stuff, it's great.  They're cheap and move fast.

Also..... if anybody got a deluxe version of "Babel", check your mailbox because you have something special on it's way to you.....

https://athousandarms.store/collections/ranges/products/ranges-cassette

A1KAFAMILY for 25% off as well through tomorrow I think.

Greg, is this tape /33 as well?

I got a free poster this summer with all kinds of clues like an astrology card / treasure map of sorts, but I could never crack the code to get in the store on the days they were selling stuff. You get these metal Ascensionist themed things, different from the Gemini coin, with the tape purchases.

I missed out on I and II, but got III and IV (and now V). Just happened to check Instagram  at the right time after work.

18 hours ago, drds89 said:

A1KAFAMILY for 25% off as well through tomorrow I think.

Greg, is this tape /33 as well?

I got a free poster this summer with all kinds of clues like an astrology card / treasure map of sorts, but I could never crack the code to get in the store on the days they were selling stuff. You get these metal Ascensionist themed things, different from the Gemini coin, with the tape purchases.

I missed out on I and II, but got III and IV (and now V). Just happened to check Instagram  at the right time after work.

yes all tapes are /33. 

The poster, as well as the maps that come with the tapes, lead to a secret marketplace where you can use your coins to buy things.  I will say that the packaging of the tapes is your key.  The packaging and the maps go together.  Like, literally together. 

Turns out, this is likely a bonus track from Babel called Pharmakeia.  It's a single-sided 12" single.  It's very nice.  It's fast.  It's got a lot of parts, and is similar to the Babylon series of songs where it revisits themes from previous songs.  It's good. 

And per CJ, the packaging for THIS single has more clues to more things, which..... ehhhhh I don't even want to start getting into haha.  There are maps inside the gatefold.  It's crazy. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

GREAT NEWS!!!

A Thousand Arms has just become the official USA distribution outlet for Switzerland's own LEECH.  If you guys haven't checked out Leech, you need to do so pronto.  A fantastic mixture of post-rock and synthwave, I suppose you could say.  FFO Barrows, Lost in Kiev, Sleepmakeswaves

https://athousandarms.store/collections/distribution

19 minutes ago, drds89 said:

I like Leech. I thought they were right Prog before they moved in the  postrock arena. Pretty sure I still have Zerotonine Days on CD.

I can deal with getting The Stolen View before If  We Get There... :) 

I still have to check that out, I'm not as familiar with the older stuff like Instarmental.  Some of it I like, some of it tires me.  But man, Stolen View, Gates, and FBOFW are just golden. 

Look out for USA dates next year too. 

• 4 months later...

It's that time of year again!  20% off everything in the store!  ***BUT THERES MORE***   If you go to their Facebook and join the A Thousand Arms Facebook Group or their email mailing list, you get a bigger discount.  I can't put it here, but it's another solid chunk you get :)

So much stuff... it's a no brainer. 

127179362_3781451725233176_8377103968357

On 11/27/2020 at 1:58 PM, Eclipsical said:

@Gumbo72203As a huge post rock fan, no idea how this label and its bands have escaped my ears.  Tell me how to spend my money, lol.  So far, loving Ranges. 

Dude!  What!!!

Oh man.  You need these bands, and everything available by them:

Pray for Sound (Waves from their store, and Everything is Beautiful from Dunk)

Of the Vine

Pillars

Old Solar
Kokomo

I Hear Sirens (under post-recordings)

Beyond that, here are a few select things you should get:

Leech - the Stolen view (Distribution tab)
Mono - Rays of Darkness (pelagic)

Mono - The Last Dawn

Shipwrecks - S/T  (in the Distribution tab)

Winter Dust - Thresholds

Winter Dust - Autumn Years

Feed Me To the Waves - Intill (dunk)

Edited by Gumbo72203

On 11/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

I picked up the sáver album from pelagic records through them. That album is amazing and I recommend checking them out if you haven’t. It’s now sold out though but I was glad to snag a 1st press. 

Good deal!  I got like 15 things lol. 

I'm hoping they get Rifts by A Swarm of the Sun because new stampers were made so we get first pressing sound all over again :D :D

5 hours ago, Eclipsical said:

Ended up dropping $200+ on their Black Friday sale.  And it already shipped.  Stoked to get my first taste of A1KA.

Had no idea Beware of Safety's Mabon was pressed. Man, I forgot how good they are.  Going to break out their discography this week.

Hell yeah dude!  They're the go-to in the USA now AFAIK.  I spent just about that much haha.  And yeah!  That got announced a while ago.  First time ever on vinyl. 

Did you pick up any of the Leech stuff?

• 3 weeks later...

Big big news!  Lots of updates here.

First - 2 new releases!  There are threads here on the boards for Coastlands and Her Name is Calla (final performance ever) Live at Dunk! Festival.

Then, A1KA has rolled out a new points reward system.  Just log in and make an account.  If you've bought before, your info should be transferred to your new account and you should have a ton of points like I did.  It's also real cool because there's extra non-purchase means of accumulating points.  Really easy to navigate! 

When you sign up, you'll receive a $10 off coupon for when you spend $50 or more!

You can use this link to sign up:  https://tinyurl.com/ya2mdssh