Hurricane Irma vs. VC

jhulud

10 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Yeah, you South FL peeps gotta stay safe. I'm up near Daytona so I'm hoping it doesn't ride up the east coast. Of course, it hasn't stopped everyone here from going into full panic mode already. Ugh..

Yeah I live in Port Orange, and I've seen all this panic first hand.  Right now it is still a little too early.. But we shall see what happens!

I broke down a couple times today thinking about it. I'm having PTSD attacks from Matthew last year, and it wasn't anywhere near what this could be.  I know it's still too early to tell how it'll affect everything, but it's that uncertainty that is causing my chest to literally hurt.

Anyone who leaves their house to move someplace safe, please don't forget to shut off your gas and breakers before you leave.

Also, I know Juan would never leave behind his little baby pupper, but as for the rest of you,  please no one leave your pets behind. That's shitty.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:29 PM, batman said:

harvey came way too close for comfort here... guys, be safe. nothing you have in your house is worth putting your life at risk. assume the worst case scenario and move to a safer spot if you need to. too many friends down here thought they'd be fine and had to be rescued by boat. 

I hope you fared well through it. The Golden Triangle is my hometown area, and it was really hard to watch everything happen and not be there to help.

Here's to hoping Irma makes a complete U-turn right the fuck away from FL.

Just now, deafening said:

I hope you fared well through it. The Golden Triangle is my hometown area, and it was really hard to watch everything happen and not be there to help.

all good here! moved north of Houston from Beaumont about a year ago (worked in Orange) so I still know a lot of people living over that way. Very easily could have been me and my family. Definitely hard to see. :(

Been surviving these things for a while but this isn't looking good. There's a real fucking chance we're gonna get fucked up...  I'm staying with my records though. This is my official request to be buried with them if I die.

I've been debating going to a shelter but my building is concrete and time tested with new hurricane shutters so here's hoping.