PO St. Vincent- Masseducation

Just canceled my yellow pressing from the SV shop and bought the Pink pressing from Bull Moose. An $18 difference for just a different color variant seemed like an overkill. Also, free shipping from BM. Plus, I'm already getting the yellow of the Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile release, so two yellow albums in October seemed like an overkill. 

• 1 month later...

St.Vincent_Color_web.original.png?auto=f

What’s included in this VMP Exclusive:

• Exclusive Alternate Jacket Color
  • Lapis Blue Vinyl
  • 16-Page Lyric and Photo Booklet
  • Exclusive Iron-On Fabric Patch
  • 12x12 Original Art Print by Megan Bowker

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/

Edited by dreamover

So correct me if I'm mistaken, but the only "difference" between the VMP and the deluxe version I pre ordered from Bull Moose are: a patch, different colored vinyl, the cover is yellow instead of a shade of pink and comes with a VMP art print? Man, I thought I read somewhere that their record would have some awesome add on that no other version had?  Wouldn't really consider an iron on patch that mind blowing...

6 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

So correct me if I'm mistaken, but the only "difference" between the VMP and the deluxe version I pre ordered from Bull Moose are: a patch, different colored vinyl, the cover is yellow instead of a shade of pink and comes with a VMP art print? Man, I thought I read somewhere that their record would have some awesome add on that no other version had?  Wouldn't really consider an iron on patch that mind blowing...

Her website was charging what, $40 (plus shipping) for the deluxe yellow? VMP is less than $30 (shipped) and you get more stuff! I think it's a win.

Well time and time again has shown that buying straight from  the artist is by far the worst way to purchase vinyl. I definitely feel a bit ripped off by this. Same thing for the new king gizzard album, the 200 gram black version was almost 50 with shipping and you can get it other places for 20-30. I'm not even interested in rare varients or anything, I just want to support the artist, but also I'm not a rich man and I'm trying to save up for a house. 

Anyone else bugged by spelling of the album in the thread title?  No?  Okay.

5 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

IMO, great record.

The first two records do nothing for me. Strange Mercy on is where she really has distinguished herself as a great artist

SM is (and will probably continue to be) St. Vincent's crowning jewel.